Antique?

Pandora

Reaction score
Today I was given a ukulele by my aunt who said she had it lying around her house and did not know where it came from, I find the uke to be in two pieces with the neck off but possible to reattach with a peg and hole, probably needs some glue. I also see something striking, the trademark double 'k' logo of Kamaka ukuleles and a tag inside the sound hole which reads Kamaka ukulele. I know kamaka's are now very popular and high end ukulele but what do i do, and how do i tell if my new old ukulele is a real kamaka, if there are fakes, and where can I find out how much it is worth if fully repaired? THX

Sounds like if overall condition besides the neck is decent it's worth repairing. Is it a soprano? Gold label or white or something else? Everything else present and complete (tuners/nut/bridge/saddle, etc)?

I wouldn't expect it to be an investment - it would be a player, but being a Kamaka if it's repairable I bet it will sound real nice.

looking on Kamaka site the model of my ukulele looks similar to the historic 50s soprano if that helps with worth/pricing thx

Top Bottom