PDA

View Full Version : Who does inlay work?

Keef
05-31-2010, 10:20 AM
I would like to have some inlay work done on my sceptre I emailed koaloha twice with no responce where else can I send it ?

dnewton2
05-31-2010, 10:56 AM
I know Kekani (http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/member.php?1395-Kekani) does a lot of inlay work. You could try and get in touch with him.

Kanaka916
05-31-2010, 12:06 PM
I think Aaron still does the inlay work for KoAloha customs (?).

Kekani
06-01-2010, 07:30 AM
I think Aaron still does the inlay work for KoAloha customs (?).

I do, but not after they're done. I could, but I prefer not to.

I'm not sure about South Florida, but Bordeaux is in NY (I think). Of course, if you're going to ship it anyway, ANY inlay artist would suit your needs. I absolutely love what Craig Lavin has been doing lately.

-Aaron

Keef
06-01-2010, 09:02 AM
The uke in question is the one shown in my avatar I put a very tiny Nick on the sound board that upset me greatly the inlay would have been to cover the Nick and restore it to mint condition once more .
In the end I applyed the 3 goldleaf stripes and now all is well again :)

Vic D
06-01-2010, 12:54 PM
Ah, I was wondering what the stripes were all about. Looks cool. Sceptre, my want.

koalohapaul
06-01-2010, 11:08 PM
Hey Keef, sorry no one responded to your e-mails. Brian handles the general inbox and he's usually very good about returning calls or e-mail. Could be the stress from his upcoming wedding. He and his fiance are sealing the deal in July and he's been renovating the home they bought and prepping for the wedding anytime he isn't at work. Looks like you got it fixed up pretty nicely. Those gold leaf stripes look like sapwood in the avatar picture. If there's anything you need, and you don't get a response, please PM me here. I don't login everyday, but I do try to do so at least a few times a week.

Keef
06-02-2010, 01:31 AM
Paul thank you very much for the reply have a good one