Transposing with Guitar Pro (help)

t.t.timmay

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I was wondering if someone could direct me to a tutorial on how to transpose gp5 files to ukulele, I see this mentioned in various places yet i cant find directions on how to actually do it. I click on the bottom on the instrument, change it to 4 strings ukulele, but all the chords come out as up on the 20th frets and above, which is obviously impractical. If anyone could help me out with this i would really appreciate it. Thanks for your time.

I can't tell (from the GP files I have) whether this would for sure work, but you might try doing TRACK/Properties/STRINGS (set to 4)/TUNING (set to C ukulele) and then when it prompts you to transpose, don't. Instead, make sure you set your C, G, E, and A to the correct octave when you change the instrument to 4 strings, Ukulele C. (Otherwise it sounds like the lower strings of a guitar tuned to CGEA!)

Do that for all tracks or it will be weird. I just tried it on "Ventura Highway" and it seems to work but I will need to tweak around and see whether it is actually playable as such. Seems like I'll have to sub a chord here and there, but it might work for a start.

Yep, that worked reasonably well. I had to raise the tuning a couple of octaves (and then not transpose) so it didn't sound like "Ventura Highway to Hell," but it did work.

Top Bottom