san diego represent!!!

NukeDOC

Retired Mod
Reaction score
ive noticed that there are a lot of san diego people here on UU now. awesome.

anyway, i wanted to see how many more people there were. maybe we could all setup a big jam session and learn off each other.

post up where in san diego youre from and (optional) your real name.

Arvin
Paradise Hills (by national city)

Yeh. I noticed you played down in Eastlake somewhere? I would have liked to check that out....looking for a home down there too. You all would not learn much from me. I am here to improve my very limited skills. I learn pretty fast and love the uke though. I am looking forward to these lessons from Aldrine. I learned most of the Love Song by the Cure already....pretty stoked on myself for it. I had no idea that I would ever be able to do that....his lessons are pretty straight forward and clear. Unfortunately I would not have much to offer the jam session....check back though..ha

hey you never know. and theres nothing wrong with getting people together to learn AND teach.

ill tell you straight up, i think i suck. and i welcome any pointers that people can give me to tighten up my game.

jammin with others is one big way to get better without even knowing it. just because one person has been playing for a shorter time, or seems to be the hotness on the uke, doesnt mean that the same people cant learn something from anyone else that would come along. when you play with others, you start to notice little techniques that you may not have noticed before. so dont worry about what you have to offer. thats not what a jam session is about.

as far as east lake, yeah, we're not really talking about that one anymore. but yes, we did play there once.

so where you from UKESTAR?

True true...appreciate that. Live near Qualcomm...native SD. Used to go to Hawaii a lot as a kid and always loved the sound of the uke...for whatever reason I just never thought to play one myself until recently. Hey..you know of any uke makers around here?

wish i did, i would already be in the process of having one made if there was.

Berny "BUGOY" Reyes

Paradise Hills

San Diego uke players so far:

nukedoc

bugoy

ibcruzn

mcarreon

clevacheva

ukestar

any others out there?

In case any of you missed it...Jake is playing at Anthology which is in Little Italy downtown SD. He has two shows on Feb. 7. If interested, act fast because it will sell out for sure. Google (Anthology San Diego) to get to their site and you will see his show listed for February. I saw him at the Belly Up Tavern awhile back....incredible talent...never been to a show where the audience just stood there in awe like this...

Sd Ukes

1. nukedoc

2. bugoy

3. ibcruzn

4. mcarreon

5. clevacheva

6. ukestar

7. dafamcallsmebj

any others out there?

bj, your last name is guerrero? are you related to aldrine? hahaha jk...

guys, we seriously need to set some kind of jam session. there are already enough people on that list to sit around a bonfire (can we still have those in san diego) and just jam!!!

oh yeah, just out of curiosity... how about some ages???

im a very immature 31.

penasquitos

i live in pq but i can bring about ten players all around daygo to make the jam super legit. they all play but are not on this site.

Last edited:

1. nukedoc

2. bugoy

3. ibcruzn

4. mcarreon

5. clevacheva

6. ukestar

7. dafamcallsmebj

any others out there?

Put me down because i'm close enough :D (in Irvine (Orange County)), i'm the big 2 - 1.

Put me down because i'm close enough :D (in Irvine (Orange County)), i'm the big 2 - 1.

oh your just up the freeway. were like neighbors! haha!

I'm 25 btw. So any projected date on when we wanna get this Jam session goin?

ok so yah, lets get something going here. i was just talking to bugoy and he agrees that a bonfire would be pretty sick, considering theres probably going to be about 15-20 people.

so there arent many places left over that you can have a bonfire at. im not even sure if they still let you do it at mission bay. does someone have any hard info on this matter?

ages. looks like there would be a good age range going. so lets keep this one clean guys. those of us that are old enough, may as well leave the alcohol at home. also, dont need to be hassled by cops about having open containers around minors.

fire. one thing i know for sure is we cant burn palettes, unless you break them down and pull out all the nails. this is a PITA. so im making a suggestion. you can get those fireplace logs from any supermarket for $2-4 each. if everyone brings one, we should have enough to build a pretty good fire and keep it going for at least a couple hours. lemme know if this is a problem.

food. bring your own, if you need it.

date... im looking at sometime end of february. friday or saturday night. 7-10pm-ish or until the fire dies.

seating... last time i checked, they dont build seats around the fire pit. so if you need to sit down, bring a folding chair.

songs. if you have some sort of collection of songs/lyrics/chords, bring them! those of us that dont know the song might want to jump in and play along. also, it would be cool to compare notes and playing styles on songs we have in common.

did i miss anything?

oh yeah... note to self: dont forget to bring your ukulele.

Top Bottom