PDA

View Full Version : san diego represent!!!

NukeDOC
01-14-2008, 06:34 PM
ive noticed that there are a lot of san diego people here on UU now. awesome.

anyway, i wanted to see how many more people there were. maybe we could all setup a big jam session and learn off each other.

post up where in san diego youre from and (optional) your real name.

Arvin
Paradise Hills (by national city)

UKESTAR
01-14-2008, 06:41 PM
Yeh. I noticed you played down in Eastlake somewhere? I would have liked to check that out....looking for a home down there too. You all would not learn much from me. I am here to improve my very limited skills. I learn pretty fast and love the uke though. I am looking forward to these lessons from Aldrine. I learned most of the Love Song by the Cure already....pretty stoked on myself for it. I had no idea that I would ever be able to do that....his lessons are pretty straight forward and clear. Unfortunately I would not have much to offer the jam session....check back though..ha

NukeDOC
01-14-2008, 07:15 PM
hey you never know. and theres nothing wrong with getting people together to learn AND teach.

ill tell you straight up, i think i suck. and i welcome any pointers that people can give me to tighten up my game.

jammin with others is one big way to get better without even knowing it. just because one person has been playing for a shorter time, or seems to be the hotness on the uke, doesnt mean that the same people cant learn something from anyone else that would come along. when you play with others, you start to notice little techniques that you may not have noticed before. so dont worry about what you have to offer. thats not what a jam session is about.

as far as east lake, yeah, we're not really talking about that one anymore. but yes, we did play there once.

so where you from UKESTAR?

UKESTAR
01-14-2008, 07:28 PM
True true...appreciate that. Live near Qualcomm...native SD. Used to go to Hawaii a lot as a kid and always loved the sound of the uke...for whatever reason I just never thought to play one myself until recently. Hey..you know of any uke makers around here?

NukeDOC
01-14-2008, 07:53 PM
wish i did, i would already be in the process of having one made if there was.

BUGOY
01-15-2008, 06:53 AM
Berny "BUGOY" Reyes

Paradise Hills

UKESTAR
01-15-2008, 02:58 PM
San Diego uke players so far:

nukedoc

bugoy

ibcruzn

mcarreon

clevacheva

ukestar

any others out there?

clevacheva
01-15-2008, 03:17 PM
i live in rancho penasquitos.
the names Trevor

UKESTAR
01-15-2008, 03:41 PM
In case any of you missed it...Jake is playing at Anthology which is in Little Italy downtown SD. He has two shows on Feb. 7. If interested, act fast because it will sell out for sure. Google (Anthology San Diego) to get to their site and you will see his show listed for February. I saw him at the Belly Up Tavern awhile back....incredible talent...never been to a show where the audience just stood there in awe like this...

dafamcallsmebj
01-15-2008, 03:43 PM
my name is bj leon-guerrero and i am..... an alcoholic.... im just kidding...
i live in chula vista!!

UKESTAR
01-15-2008, 03:43 PM
Oh yeh.....

Name is Nate

Mission Valley area

UKESTAR
01-15-2008, 03:46 PM

1. nukedoc

2. bugoy

3. ibcruzn

4. mcarreon

5. clevacheva

6. ukestar

7. dafamcallsmebj

any others out there?

NukeDOC
01-15-2008, 06:53 PM
bj, your last name is guerrero? are you related to aldrine? hahaha jk...

guys, we seriously need to set some kind of jam session. there are already enough people on that list to sit around a bonfire (can we still have those in san diego) and just jam!!!

oh yeah, just out of curiosity... how about some ages???

im a very immature 31.

clevacheva
01-15-2008, 08:11 PM
haha im only 17

mcarreon89
01-16-2008, 01:26 PM
i live in pq but i can bring about ten players all around daygo to make the jam super legit. they all play but are not on this site.

pakiboy949
01-16-2008, 01:39 PM

1. nukedoc

2. bugoy

3. ibcruzn

4. mcarreon

5. clevacheva

6. ukestar

7. dafamcallsmebj

any others out there?

Put me down because i'm close enough :D (in Irvine (Orange County)), i'm the big 2 - 1.

BUGOY
01-16-2008, 02:36 PM
Put me down because i'm close enough :D (in Irvine (Orange County)), i'm the big 2 - 1.

oh your just up the freeway. were like neighbors! haha!

I'm 25 btw. So any projected date on when we wanna get this Jam session goin?

clevacheva
01-16-2008, 03:40 PM
i live in pq but i can bring about ten players all around daygo to make the jam super legit. they all play but are not on this site.

nice
didn't know you were from pq too ahah

NukeDOC
01-16-2008, 04:58 PM
ok so yah, lets get something going here. i was just talking to bugoy and he agrees that a bonfire would be pretty sick, considering theres probably going to be about 15-20 people.

so there arent many places left over that you can have a bonfire at. im not even sure if they still let you do it at mission bay. does someone have any hard info on this matter?

ages. looks like there would be a good age range going. so lets keep this one clean guys. those of us that are old enough, may as well leave the alcohol at home. also, dont need to be hassled by cops about having open containers around minors.

fire. one thing i know for sure is we cant burn palettes, unless you break them down and pull out all the nails. this is a PITA. so im making a suggestion. you can get those fireplace logs from any supermarket for $2-4 each. if everyone brings one, we should have enough to build a pretty good fire and keep it going for at least a couple hours. lemme know if this is a problem.

food. bring your own, if you need it.

date... im looking at sometime end of february. friday or saturday night. 7-10pm-ish or until the fire dies.

seating... last time i checked, they dont build seats around the fire pit. so if you need to sit down, bring a folding chair.

songs. if you have some sort of collection of songs/lyrics/chords, bring them! those of us that dont know the song might want to jump in and play along. also, it would be cool to compare notes and playing styles on songs we have in common.

did i miss anything?

oh yeah... note to self: dont forget to bring your ukulele.

UKESTAR
01-16-2008, 05:42 PM
Sounds like a good idea... Keep us all posted for sure.

soliman
01-16-2008, 05:53 PM
Im in Mira Mesa. Bought a uke about a year, but play a little guitar too. Would love to jam with a group. Like to play and listen to contemp island music, but nothing like figuring out a song on a uke for that island flavor.

dafamcallsmebj
01-17-2008, 04:35 AM
ummm.... yeah....
sounds good arvin...
ill be there fo fo....
and be-tee-dub... ill be 20 in march...

mcarreon89
01-21-2008, 11:38 AM
should be a great jam. should i get some cajons together? maybe some percussion dudes to compliment the uke action? not a whole drumset but something? o ya and i know we used to have bonfires in la jolla all the time aroudn pier 32.its a hotspot. just kiddingn but ya cant wait.

NukeDOC
01-21-2008, 11:54 AM
should be a great jam. should i get some cajons together? maybe some percussion dudes to compliment the uke action? not a whole drumset but something? o ya and i know we used to have bonfires in la jolla all the time aroudn pier 32.its a hotspot. just kiddingn but ya cant wait.

yeah sure! my brother will probably bring his djembe and guitar too.

BUGOY
01-21-2008, 11:54 AM
^ well im bringing my Djembe for sure so ya, bring the cajon folks too! this is gonna be awesome!

NukeDOC
01-21-2008, 12:26 PM
mmmkay... i just took a look at the calendar and was reminded that this is leap year. so february has 29 days in it this year. and it just so happens on a friday.

so this is what im proposing...

friday night. somewhere in mission bay (ive always liked de anza cove). bonfire pits are there. there are picnic tables nearby. parking is close and plentiful too. if anyone here went to the "backyard bash" with pauhana, SDIB, and Katchafire, then you saw it on the left before getting to the mariner's club. its basically the last cove in that stretch of the bay.

thinking about starting around 7 or 8 pm. going on i guess till the fire dies. make sure you bring at least one fire log to burn. lets all do our part to stay warm during the jam session. if you are old and have weak knees like me, make sure you bring a chair to sit on too.

no alcohol. no drugs.

how does this all sound?

UKESTAR
01-21-2008, 01:49 PM
I should be able to make it...sounds fun...mostly just to listen to everyone play though. I'll bring the uke though..ha.

soliman
01-21-2008, 02:15 PM
sounds great for me. couples questions. family okay?....any suggestions for music to start practicing?

Pete:)

UKESTAR
01-21-2008, 03:30 PM
sounds great for me. couples questions. family okay?....any suggestions for music to start practicing?

Pete:)

I second that... especially about the music we should practice if any??

NukeDOC
01-21-2008, 03:53 PM
i dont see why family cant come around.

and no need to practice anything, unless you feel compelled to.

its a jam session. what does that mean? you play what you wanna play when you wanna play it. its not a practice for a performance, so no need to know any songs. but feel free to show off the songs that you do know. or just play a chord progression. someone can jump in with the solo's. then the percussions. then some freestyle vocals. its all about having fun guys. a chance to express yourselves through music to people that you have no intentions of trying to impress. because no one will notice if youre the best or the worst.

lemme paint this picture.

20 people with instruments surrounding a nice bonfire.
12 playing the same chord pattern on uke
2 uke and one guitar taking turns and feeding off each other's adlib'd picking
2 cajon's and 1 djembe keeping the beat and rhythm.
and 2 people freestyling lyrics just off the top of their heads

thats jammin.

or we can all just play honey baby together. hahaha

UKESTAR
01-21-2008, 05:36 PM
i dont see why family cant come around.

and no need to practice anything, unless you feel compelled to.

its a jam session. what does that mean? you play what you wanna play when you wanna play it. its not a practice for a performance, so no need to know any songs. but feel free to show off the songs that you do know. or just play a chord progression. someone can jump in with the solo's. then the percussions. then some freestyle vocals. its all about having fun guys. a chance to express yourselves through music to people that you have no intentions of trying to impress. because no one will notice if youre the best or the worst.

lemme paint this picture.

20 people with instruments surrounding a nice bonfire.
12 playing the same chord pattern on uke
2 uke and one guitar taking turns and feeding off each other's adlib'd picking
2 cajon's and 1 djembe keeping the beat and rhythm.
and 2 people freestyling lyrics just off the top of their heads

thats jammin.

or we can all just play honey baby together. hahaha

.......and one on cow bell...ha. Got it...sounds like fun for sure...

soliman
01-21-2008, 05:44 PM
Kool. Sounds good. Cant wait. Been looking forward to some getting together with other uke players.

Pete:p

dafamcallsmebj
01-22-2008, 03:01 PM
ill be dere!!!!!

OlNoKnees
01-23-2008, 06:37 PM
So 2 guys come up to me today at Palomar while I'm jamming on my uke between classes and tell me of this get-together.

Sounds like it'll be a blast.

NukeDOC
01-23-2008, 07:17 PM
So 2 guys come up to me today at Palomar while I'm jamming on my uke between classes and tell me of this get-together.

thats awesome!!!! who were they?

dafamcallsmebj
01-23-2008, 08:26 PM

you bet ur butt it will be haahahh
thats crazy...
i wonder who they were...
and does anyone on here go to southwestern college??
or do i stand alone???

mcarreon89
01-24-2008, 07:48 AM
thats awesome!!!! who were they?

isaw this kid on a bench with his uke and my friend and i had ours but were late to class. to late to jam. but told him about the site and the jam on the 29th. ITS NICE TO SEE YOUCAN MAKE IT. THE UKULELE ADDICTION IS CONSISTENTLY GROWINNG!!!!!!

OlNoKnees
01-24-2008, 09:46 PM
isaw this kid on a bench with his uke and my friend and i had ours but were late to class. to late to jam. but told him about the site and the jam on the 29th. ITS NICE TO SEE YOUCAN MAKE IT. THE UKULELE ADDICTION IS CONSISTENTLY GROWINNG!!!!!!

Haha, I've also got a bunch of friends who are into the idea of coming, so we will bring our ukuleles and have a good old time.

Are mandolins welcome? We all play folk-y instruments, and I know uke players aren't picky about company.

remryan123
01-26-2008, 03:07 PM
hello everybody kinda new to the uke started about 5 or 6 months ago. not that good yet, but down to jam always!

NukeDOC
01-26-2008, 05:43 PM
ok so here's a map of the area. we're going to be at de anza cove. theres a big parking lot there. its basically that cove at the center of the picture.

from the 5...
exit mission bay drive/clairemont and go west (toward the water)
right on e mission and follow that road all the way down.
if you dont see water on your left anymore, then you went too far. so park in the last parking lot you see while there is still water.

not sure which fire pit we will be using, so look around and see if you can find us (shouldnt be hard).

DONT FORGET TO BRING A FIRE LOG. we gotta keep that fire going!

http://a539.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/98/l_8f05ac9ad3e9e35dbed5bce7f0263f2a.jpg

http://a811.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/56/l_eeb31f2b264674b09cba49edacd588ea.jpg

Terrell
01-26-2008, 09:29 PM
dang this sucks. i moved form day-go over the summer..*sniff* i miss mexican food and sun!!!>_<

UKESTAR
01-27-2008, 06:13 AM
ok so here's a map of the area. we're going to be at de anza cove. theres a big parking lot there. its basically that cove at the center of the picture.

from the 5...
exit mission bay drive/clairemont and go west (toward the water)
right on e mission and follow that road all the way down.
if you dont see water on your left anymore, then you went too far. so park in the last parking lot you see while there is still water.

not sure which fire pit we will be using, so look around and see if you can find us (shouldnt be hard).

DONT FORGET TO BRING A FIRE LOG. we gotta keep that fire going!

http://a539.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/98/l_8f05ac9ad3e9e35dbed5bce7f0263f2a.jpg

http://a811.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/56/l_eeb31f2b264674b09cba49edacd588ea.jpg

Remind everyone of the date and time again por favor...

NukeDOC
01-27-2008, 09:50 AM
Remind everyone of the date and time again por favor...

oooh my bad.

ok here's everything...

FRIDAY FEB 29, 2008 @ 8PM / 20:00HRS
DE ANZA COVE IN MISSION BAY
BRING A FIRE LOG FOR THE BONFIRE
KIDS AND FAMS ARE WELCOME
BRING YOUR OWN FOOD
BRING A CHAIR IF YOU PLAN TO SIT AROUND THE FIRE
DONT FORGET TO BRING YOUR UKE!!!

UKESTAR
01-27-2008, 09:54 AM
oooh my bad.

ok here's everything...

BRING YOUR OWN FOOD

Nuker...we appreciate you stepping up and getting this thing organized. It's great that we can all get together based on the uke... thanks bro...

rklicsu
02-01-2008, 10:50 AM
NukeDOC - Thanks for the heads up and for organizing a San Diego jam. Sounds like a good time.

I live up in North County S.D., specifically Oceanside and have only been playing for a bit over a year. I dig it though and thoroughly have a blast playing.

I am not sure I will be in town Feb 29 but if I am, I will be there for sure. I am also up for future Uke get togethers.

tuumalo
02-01-2008, 12:39 PM
live in san diego too in PQ whens this jam session im hearing about?

UKESTAR
02-01-2008, 01:30 PM
live in san diego too in PQ whens this jam session im hearing about?

Welcome fellow SD uker... The jam session is Fri Feb 29 at DeAnza Cove...

NukeDOC
02-01-2008, 02:35 PM
so to keep things going and to make sure people know what to do and what to bring...

why? because its leap year!
good central area for most san diegans. easy to get to. bonfire pits. picnic tables. close parking. scroll down for map.
not allowed to burn palettes anymore, unless you rip ALL the nails out of them. thats more work than its worth. you can get these fire logs at the grocery store for $3-4. just bring one. if we have 20 of em, then we should be good for several hours. dont be the guy that didnt read the fine print and bring a bunch of palettes. trust me the cops have stopped us before there.
but as a disclaimer, you bring em, youre responsible for them. so im not going to jail if your 4 year decides to look at the fire too closely and burn his eyebrows off hahaha.
BRING YOUR OWN FOOD
the picnic tables are about 25ft from the bonfire pits so you wont be close enough to feel the fire, but you wont be that far either. if you wanna share, there's nothing wrong with that. but i plan to be fed before i get there hahaha.
like i said, the tables are too far to feel the fire. so if you're a rider and can stand through the whole thing, then more power to you. haha. otherwise bring yourself some kind of folding chair.
probably the most important thing. ive taken my kayak to the water... didnt bring my paddle. ive taken my boat to the water... didnt bring the keys. ive taken my guns to the shooting range... didnt bring the rounds. everytime i go out of town, i always forget to bring something... toothbrush, deodorant, underwear. just because its an ukulele jam session, its not out of the question to forget to bring your uke hahaha.
IF YOU PLAY ANY OTHER ACOUSTIC INSTRUMENTS, BRING EM IF YOU WANT
never hurts to have other instruments when jamming. we already know of two cajons and a djembe coming. possibly some guitars too.

UKESTAR
02-01-2008, 02:39 PM
Will be there... stoked on it.

tribal_theory1
02-03-2008, 06:58 PM
dominic's the name. morse grad. ph/skyline area.

clevacheva
02-03-2008, 07:27 PM
i hope i can go ahah

NukeDOC
02-03-2008, 07:43 PM

cool there are several of us from the PH area. im over by bell. but i used to live off skyline. peter pan.

you gonna be able to roll by on the 29th?

NukeDOC
02-03-2008, 07:45 PM

awe shiz... i know you. im the one that gave you my card over there at kona. i saw your pic on your myspace page. and remembered your risa uke. haha.

tribal_theory1
02-03-2008, 08:33 PM
awe shiz... i know you. im the one that gave you my card over there at kona. i saw your pic on your myspace page. and remembered your risa uke. haha.

nice man. :D how'd you like us? to be perfectly truthful, we weren't the best prepared that night. still a little raw with the little gigs like that. i think we sound better with a full band. yeah man, that risa uke is pretty crazy, i need to get a decent pedal set going. the one i use right now is a little tempermental. i really wanna check out the little jam session, so we'll see how things pan out. it sounds like it's gonna be pretty crazy with all the ukes and other accompaniments. you and your boys playing anywhere anytime soon?

NukeDOC
02-03-2008, 08:37 PM
nice man. :D how'd you like us? to be perfectly truthful, we weren't the best prepared that night. still a little raw with the little gigs like that. i think we sound better with a full band. i really wanna check out the little jam session, so we'll see how things pan out. it sounds like it's gonna be pretty crazy with all the ukes and other accompaniments. you and your boys playing anywhere anytime soon?

as a matter of fact, we're gonna be at Ben's downtown. gonna have a 20 minute set during the "voices" open mic there.

feb 10 around 9pm. but filipino time can always change that. haha.

tribal_theory1
02-04-2008, 04:43 PM
Berny "BUGOY" Reyes

Paradise Hills

berny reyes...i know you don't i? graduated 2000 from morse? i think i had a chemistry class with you and that dude elvin...maybe?

tribal_theory1
02-04-2008, 04:44 PM
as a matter of fact, we're gonna be at Ben's downtown. gonna have a 20 minute set during the "voices" open mic there.

feb 10 around 9pm. but filipino time can always change that. haha.

hmmm...maybe i'll come check you guys out. kinda late for a sunday night, though.

NukeDOC
02-04-2008, 05:49 PM
berny reyes...i know you don't i? graduated 2000 from morse? i think i had a chemistry class with you and that dude elvin...maybe?

you probably do know him. he graduated that year too i believe. he's my brother.

dafamcallsmebj
02-04-2008, 08:03 PM

hey dom...
whats ur last name...
im pretty sure u know me and my sisters....

tribal_theory1
02-04-2008, 08:16 PM
the last name's blas.

dafamcallsmebj
02-04-2008, 08:16 PM
the last name's blas.

hey dude....
this is bj....
used to dance wid u in kaleo....

tribal_theory1
02-04-2008, 08:35 PM
hey dude....
this is bj....
used to dance wid u in kaleo....

oh yeah i think i remember you. i'm really bad with names though. so you know rich, aj, dominic alvarez, and the other older boys to ey?

dafamcallsmebj
02-04-2008, 08:39 PM
yeah yeah....
so u and da boys gunna hit up the jam session??

tribal_theory1
02-04-2008, 08:46 PM
i for sure am going to try. sounds like it'll be fun. i'm gonna let the other guys know too. aj might be down. the other guys though, not sure if they'd did the whole no alchohol thing. i'm down for whatevah though.

NukeDOC
02-09-2008, 04:53 PM
just bringing this back up to the front for those that havent seen it yet, or need the reminder.

good central area for most san diegans. easy to get to. bonfire pits. picnic tables. close parking. scroll down for map.
not allowed to burn palettes anymore, unless you rip ALL the nails out of them. thats more work than its worth. you can get these fire logs at the grocery store for $3-4. just bring one. if we have 20 of em, then we should be good for several hours. dont be the guy that didnt read the fine print and bring a bunch of palettes. trust me the cops have stopped us before there.
but as a disclaimer, you bring em, youre responsible for them. so im not going to jail if your 4 year decides to look at the fire too closely and burn his eyebrows off hahaha.
BRING YOUR OWN FOOD
the picnic tables are about 25ft from the bonfire pits so you wont be close enough to feel the fire, but you wont be that far either. if you wanna share, there's nothing wrong with that. but i plan to be fed before i get there hahaha.
like i said, the tables are too far to feel the fire. so if you're a rider and can stand through the whole thing, then more power to you. haha. otherwise bring yourself some kind of folding chair.
probably the most important thing. ive taken my kayak to the water... didnt bring my paddle. ive taken my boat to the water... didnt bring the keys. ive taken my guns to the shooting range... didnt bring the rounds. everytime i go out of town, i always forget to bring something... toothbrush, deodorant, underwear. just because its an ukulele jam session, its not out of the question to forget to bring your uke hahaha.
never hurts to have other instruments when jamming. we already know of two cajons and a djembe coming. possibly some guitars too.

ibcruzn
02-11-2008, 09:24 PM
howzit everone,
It's me Bradduh Brandon hea. All the way from the island of Chula Vista. just want to say hey to everyone. keep on jammin. the only way we all get better. (myself included). is to practice everyday forever.

ibcruzn
02-11-2008, 09:31 PM
Hey ,
I just checked my calender. I am free that evening. so I can make it. That s going to be so fun. cant wait. Catch you later.
Bradduh Brandon.

NukeDOC
02-11-2008, 10:07 PM
Hey ,
I just checked my calender. I am free that evening. so I can make it. That s going to be so fun. cant wait. Catch you later.
Bradduh Brandon.

thats awesome! glad you'll be able to make it.

wearymicrobe
02-13-2008, 06:34 AM
I will be there, heck is half a mile from my house how can I resist. I will try to bring some extra uke's for people who need them.

NukeDOC
02-13-2008, 07:55 AM
I will be there, heck is half a mile from my house how can I resist. I will try to bring some extra uke's for people who need them.
thats awesome! thanks a lot!

UKESTAR
02-13-2008, 09:03 AM
See you all there!

JumpingPulgas
02-13-2008, 09:07 AM
Oh man, I wish I can go but it's three hours away from where I live :(

Ken Swagger
02-13-2008, 01:01 PM
Howdy all. My name is Ken Swagger, I'm 31 and I live in North Park. I bought a ukulele last summer and have been wanting to meet fellow local uke players and am stoked to hear you guys are getting something together. I will try my best to make it. I've been wanting to find people to learn stuff from and to get over my fear of playing in front of other people, jamming at the beach sounds fantastic.

Also, has anyone heard of the Moonlight Beach Ukulele Strummers? I guess it's a group that meets every Wednesday at a pizza place in Encinitas. I've been wanting to go check it out but didn't wanna go alone, and maybe wanna carpool with someone sometime. I'll find their info and post it here ...

wearymicrobe
02-13-2008, 01:11 PM
Howdy all. My name is Ken Swagger, I'm 31 and I live in North Park. I bought a ukulele last summer and have been wanting to meet fellow local uke players and am stoked to hear you guys are getting something together. I will try my best to make it. I've been wanting to find people to learn stuff from and to get over my fear of playing in front of other people, jamming at the beach sounds fantastic.

Also, has anyone heard of the Moonlight Beach Ukulele Strummers? I guess it's a group that meets every Wednesday at a pizza place in Encinitas. I've been wanting to go check it out but didn't wanna go alone, and maybe wanna carpool with someone sometime. I'll find their info and post it here ...

Ken I will be there tonight names Mike 26, will be in the back with a friend and their baby. Its quite nice. I used to live in North Park on Illinois have not been there for a year or two how is the neighborhood.

Ken Swagger
02-13-2008, 01:14 PM
Awesome man, don't think I'll make it up there tonight but maybe next week, when I do I'll definitely look for you. The neighborhood's still the best in San Diego but the yuppies are getting outta control.

wearymicrobe
02-13-2008, 01:39 PM
Awesome man, don't think I'll make it up there tonight but maybe next week, when I do I'll definitely look for you. The neighborhood's still the best in San Diego but the yuppies are getting outta control.

Thats why I had to leave, after they started building "Renaissance" ultra high end living there I had to get out. They killed off any of the charm the old timers had put into the place. Sold my condo, and moved to a hovel near the bay, good to hear its still standing though. .

AnthonyUkulele
02-17-2008, 10:37 PM
damm SD ALL THE WAY...aye soo when and where the jam....i live up in RB but willing to come down i got some friends that play in southside...i should take em

NukeDOC
02-17-2008, 10:46 PM
damm SD ALL THE WAY...aye soo when and where the jam....i live up in RB but willing to come down i got some friends that play in southside...i should take em
haha scroll through the post. ive posted the details a few times. see you there!

AnthonyUkulele
02-17-2008, 11:18 PM
haha scroll through the post. ive posted the details a few times. see you there!

NICE!...cool ill tell all my friends...i just started learning the ukulele and i love it and i cant keep my hands off of it and yeah...me nd my friends want to learn more...iight koolio see ya there

NukeDOC
02-20-2008, 07:25 AM
alright people, its getting close! im getting excited.

just another reminder.. NEXT FRIDAY!

thursday night i will be posting my number up here (will be deleted by saturday) so people can call if they need to get directions still. i will be showing up there around 1 or 2pm just to get the fire pit reserved. so if you arent doing anything, and wanna just hang out till people actually start showing up, youre more than welcome to shoot the shizzle with me.

BRING YOUR OWN FOOD

clevacheva
02-20-2008, 09:20 AM
i hope i can go haha

BUGOY
02-21-2008, 10:59 AM
just want to emphasize to remember to bring ONE. fire log. we dont want to freez our butts off! hehe. oh ya, TUNERS! bring your tuners! one thing irks me the most is an instrument thats not in tune. so please bring ur tuners. haha! ok thanks bye!

dafamcallsmebj
02-21-2008, 02:21 PM
alright people, its getting close! im getting excited.

just another reminder.. NEXT FRIDAY!

thursday night i will be posting my number up here (will be deleted by saturday) so people can call if they need to get directions still. i will be showing up there around 1 or 2pm just to get the fire pit reserved. so if you arent doing anything, and wanna just hang out till people actually start showing up, youre more than welcome to shoot the shizzle with me.

i will be there to "shoot the shizzle"????... with you!!

UKESTAR
02-21-2008, 04:05 PM
will be there a bit early to shooot the shizzle fo' sho'..

rklicsu
02-22-2008, 04:06 AM
Hopefully the weather is better next Friday than it is today...

dafamcallsmebj
02-22-2008, 04:51 AM
fo real...
i would hate for it to be like this next week...

UKESTAR
02-22-2008, 08:52 AM
fo real...
i would hate for it to be like this next week...

No kidding...I would have to get one of those plastic ukes..ha. Worse comes to worse....we just re-schedule for another weekend. Most likely, knowing SD, it will be nice...:eek:

NukeDOC
02-22-2008, 09:33 AM
looks like we'll be safe..
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/92139?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared

but its still a week out. the only thing that can jinx it is if the weather man from...

kay yooooooooo ess aye (KUSI... san diego peeps know what im talkin about haha)

says its going to be nothing but sun. last time i listened to him say that i went out in a t shirt and shorts. walked out of walmart and it was POURING rain. hahaha.

rklicsu
02-22-2008, 09:42 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/e6/John_Chroma_key_1.jpg/800px-John_Chroma_key_1.jpg

UKESTAR
02-22-2008, 09:46 AM
looks like we'll be safe..
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/92139?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared

but its still a week out. the only thing that can jinx it is if the weather man from...

kay yooooooooo ess aye (KUSI... san diego peeps know what im talkin about haha)

says its going to be nothing but sun. last time i listened to him say that i went out in a t shirt and shorts. walked out of walmart and it was POURING rain. hahaha.

No kidding.....seems like the easiest job in the world...a weather reporter for SD. Why are they wrong so often? Seems like the 5 times that it actually DOES rain in SD that they might be able to get it right.. Not like we live in Green Bay...haha

I also find it amusing when the weather reporters rush to Fashion Valley to film the "flooding" that in reality is approx. 4 inches of flowing water. I wonder what people from Mississippi think about this...haha

dafamcallsmebj
02-22-2008, 02:08 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/e6/John_Chroma_key_1.jpg/800px-John_Chroma_key_1.jpg

nice....
my parents love watching this guy...
hahha

BUGOY
02-25-2008, 12:07 PM
I guess i'll be able to "shoot the shizzle" as well. No clinicals that day! woohoo!

NukeDOC
02-25-2008, 12:28 PM
wow, i didnt know my "shoot the shizzle" had such an impact hahaha. blame it on BJ though, with his stupid snoop dog joke. hahaha.

anyway here is the information again for those just seeing this thread for the first time...

again, i will be posting my number here temporarily on thursday night. write it down and get in touch if you need some finer directions.

BRING YOUR OWN FOOD

UKESTAR
02-25-2008, 05:40 PM
SD with 15 UU members so far....nice!! Hopefully I got this all correct:eek:

1. nukedoc (Paradise Hills)

2. bugoy (Paradise Hills)

3. ibcruzn (Chula Vista)

4. mcarreon89 (Rancho Penasquitos)

5. clevacheva (Rancho Penasquitos)

6. ukestar (Mission Valley)

7. soliman (Mira Mesa)

8. olnoknees (Palomar area)

9. rklicsu ??

10. tuumalo Rancho (Penasquitos)

11. tribal theory1 (Paradise Hills)

12. wearymicrobe (Pacific Beach)

13. Ken Swagger (North Park)

14. AnthonyUkulele (Rancho Bernardo)

15. dafamcallsmebj (Chula Vista)

AnthonyUkulele
02-25-2008, 06:05 PM
SD with 15 UU members so far....nice!! Hopefully I got this all correct:eek:

1. nukedoc (Paradise Hills)

2. bugoy (Paradise Hills)

3. ibcruzn (Chula Vista)

4. mcarreon89 (Rancho Penasquitos)

5. clevacheva (Rancho Penasquitos)

6. ukestar (Mission Valley)

7. soliman (Mira Mesa)

8. olnoknees (Palomar area)

9. rklicsu ??

10. tuumalo Rancho (Penasquitos)

11. tribal theory1 (Paradise Hills)

12. wearymicrobe (Pacific Beach)

13. Ken Swagger (North Park)

14. AnthonyUkulele (Rancho Bernardo)

15. dafamcallsmebj (Chula Vista)

maybe my friends are joining i told them about the site soo more members coming soon =D they mite come friday too TIITE...(well actually im sorta rancho penasquitos...its in between haha where ever 4S ranch lies)

UKESTAR
02-26-2008, 02:24 PM
maybe my friends are joining i told them about the site soo more members coming soon =D they mite come friday too TIITE...(well actually im sorta rancho penasquitos...its in between haha where ever 4S ranch lies)

Close enough....just trying to give the SD uke crew an idea of how we are all spread out in SD.. Hope that is OK...:D Oh yeh..and adding more to the list is a good thing. Pretty soon we will have a uke posse..haha. We will make leather jackets with custom patchwork on the backs. We will roam neighborhoods intimidating people with our uke skills...ahah. We will become known as the ukeangels.... Or not.....

clevacheva
02-26-2008, 04:15 PM
hahaha that would be super funny ukestar ^ haha
i dont think i could rock leather though

NukeDOC
02-26-2008, 04:31 PM
man, its gettin close!

it just occurred to me that the map may not be that clear in terms of directions.

from the 5:

exit mission bay drive/clairemont drive and go WEST
make a right on mission bay drive
it will become E mission bay drive
from here you should be looking at the cove to your left.
there is also a boat launch there, but may be hard to see if night has fallen
continue to the last big parking lot
there should be a playground on your left as you pull into the lot
the fire pits are straight ahead separated by about 200 feet each
im going to try to acquire the one closest to the playground

my phone number will be going up thursday night for those that will need to call me for directions if they get lost. as long as you get off on that exit, i should be able to talk you to the parking lot.

rayan
02-26-2008, 06:45 PM
I'm excited for this and I'm not even in SD. Thank you Nuke for organizing this. Hopefully next time we'll have some stuff to send to you to give away at these meet ups.

Everyone bring their cameras, we want to put some pictures and videos up on the main site after the event.

NukeDOC
02-26-2008, 09:34 PM
I'm excited for this and I'm not even in SD. Thank you Nuke for organizing this. Hopefully next time we'll have some stuff to send to you to give away at these meet ups.

Everyone bring their cameras, we want to put some pictures and videos up on the main site after the event.
wow im surprised i overlooked that!

if you have digicams, bring em. ill bring my laptop and my universal card reader. and at the end of the night, ill just upload all the pics and i can send them collectively to rayan, or make a new album on my photobucket to link them all to.

if you have digital recorders with night vision, that would be siiiiiik! i should be able to get those files too. bring your firewire connection just in case. but i might have one lying around.

as for the stuff to give away, thats awesome! i already have the perfect place in mind for the next jam session. if this friday is enough of a success, we can pretty much guarantee a good turnout for the next one. thinking about early summer. and just in case there are more people than goodies, ill make it a free raffle.

dafamcallsmebj
02-27-2008, 07:07 AM
wow, i didnt know my "shoot the shizzle" had such an impact hahaha. blame it on BJ though, with his stupid snoop dog joke. hahaha.

hey...
those jokes are funny...
classics even...

fo those of you who dont know the jokes here they go:
why does snoop dogg use an umbrella???
-for drizzle!!!!

what does snoop dogg use to wash his clothes???
-bleotch!!

hahahah
i crack myself up!!

NukeDOC
02-28-2008, 10:47 AM
ok guys. here is my number. please dont abuse it. FYI, it is on the National Do Not Call Registry. so if i get some telemarketers calling me, im gonna be LIVID.

anyway im not gonna make it easy anyway.

sicks wun nyne
sevin fore too
tree ate tree wun

this number will stay up till tomorrow morning or right before i leave to secure the spot. so take note. if you need to call for better directions or for me to guide you into the spot, feel free to contact me.

BRING YOUR OWN FOOD

UKESTAR
02-28-2008, 01:07 PM
Nice...think I am good on the directions... See you all there!:eek:

BUGOY
02-29-2008, 07:07 AM
TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!

wearymicrobe
02-29-2008, 08:12 AM
See you guys tonight, I got all the uke's setup with new strings and have had the kanile'a ad ko'olau back from the shop where they had new compensated saddles cut.

UKESTAR
02-29-2008, 08:42 AM
See you guys tonight, I got all the uke's setup with new strings and have had the kanile'a ad ko'olau back from the shop where they had new compensated saddles cut.

Where do you get the work done on your instruments? Any recommendations for a quality luthier??:D

Ken Swagger
02-29-2008, 09:28 AM
I will be there and hopefully bring a few friends.

clevacheva
02-29-2008, 09:28 AM
dang its cloudy today.. i hope its not to cold when i get down there

AnthonyUkulele
02-29-2008, 09:36 AM
dang its cloudy today.. i hope its not to cold when i get down there

well hopefully we will have enough wood....HAHAHA Y ARENT YOU AT SCHOOL!!! im in asb rite now

UKESTAR
02-29-2008, 09:37 AM
well hopefully we will have enough wood....HAHAHA Y ARENT YOU AT SCHOOL!!! im in asb rite now

No wood...fire log.:D

NukeDOC
02-29-2008, 10:38 AM
ok my brother and i are leaving the house in about 20 minutes to hang out at guitar center for a couple hours. we should be at de anza cove around 3 or 4pm. see you guys there!

and dont forget to bring a fire log!

... and your uke(s)

NukeDOC
02-29-2008, 01:34 PM
ok guys, just in case you were wondering my brother and i are already here at the spot. we are at the first bonfire pit on the left. and we grabbed the table closest to the restrooms. so if youre not doing anything, come on by and we can do some pre-jamming.

clevacheva
02-29-2008, 04:28 PM
so how long is this jam gunna last?

clevacheva
02-29-2008, 09:57 PM
nice meeting you ukestar haha

UKESTAR
03-01-2008, 07:22 AM
Thanks to everyone for showing up. I feel like there was at least 10-15 people with ukes at one point....anyone count? I was stoked to just watch everyone jamming. There was some real talent there! Some good voices too.. BJ and Arvin....among others..

So..when is the next jam??

We should all agree on 3 or 4 songs to learn in advance so when we all go in to the jam session, we can play along. I felt bad because I was learning the chord transitions to a couple of those songs while everyone was playing..and....I was killing it....in a bad way..haha.

Maybe a BBQ even next time. Adult sodas maybe next time...just no under-age consumption of course..

Again....thanks everyone........SD represent!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Oh yeh.....I introduced myself as Nate.....wearing the AIRMERICA black hoodie. My girlfriend was there too...

Peace..

UKESTAR
03-01-2008, 07:25 AM
nice meeting you ukestar haha

Right back at you Clevacheva...ha. Until next time....:cool:

BUGOY
03-01-2008, 07:27 AM
WOW! i had a great time last night! It was awesome finally putting faces to the screen names. Soliman, wish you could have stayed just a bit longer. it really picked up when you left man. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that made it and to those who missed it, I hope i get to meet you and the NEXT one! I hope everyon had fun. til then, keep on jammin! peace bruddahs!

obtw, just incase you were wondering who i was. I introduced myself as Berny. I was wearing the SPAM hoodie.:D

rayan
03-01-2008, 08:42 AM
Anybody took any pictures?

AnthonyUkulele
03-01-2008, 08:42 AM
gahhh i missed out i got mad but ohh i well\i spent time with the family...nothing better than family ya know but i just wanted to experience this whole thing mannn....im going to the next one fersure soo lets plan it now make it that much better

soliman
03-01-2008, 12:10 PM
Though I left early, I still had a good time as well. I normally play solo, but loved just getting in and playing with a group. I am definitely looking forward for the next one. BTW, I was the one with the little boy, "Natedog" in the house, he's my mini "me." What was cool was when we got home Nate asked me to teach him that mango song. I should him chords and he picked it up. Little slow, but I think I sparked an interest. Might bring two ukes to play next time, "Natedog" and me (Dynamic dou)

See you guys soon. Thanks Nuke for putting it together.

Pete aka "SOLIMAN"

NukeDOC
03-01-2008, 06:05 PM
just in case you havent seen the thread yet, i put up a new one with the pictures from that night. check it out, and dont be afraid to give me some feedback on what i can do to make things better!
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1029

dafamcallsmebj
03-01-2008, 08:49 PM
it was indeed awesome...
i never knew soooo many people played the uke...
i had a blast!!!
i was great to meet everyone...thanks for coming out!!
and whoever couldnt come, u have to come next time!!
haha
hey mike are u gunna post up the videos anytime soon???

ps....
i intro'd myself as bj... i was the one with the long hair...

TANKS ARBIN!!!!!!

mcarreon89
03-02-2008, 08:04 AM
it was indeed awesome...
i never knew soooo many people played the uke...
i had a blast!!!
i was great to meet everyone...thanks for coming out!!
and whoever couldnt come, u have to come next time!!
haha
hey mike are u gunna post up the videos anytime soon???

ps....
i intro'd myself as bj... i was the one with the long hair...

TANKS ARBIN!!!!!!

yo everyone. good jam. great jam. nothing short of spectacularly pantastic. must do again sooooooon. i do have footage of that night and am in the process of making a montage of some of the highlights and plan on adding some of the pictures. everyone that is in this thread will be in the credits. i am simply going to put up ur username somewhere in the vid. video is to be up on the youtube very soon. i ll let you all know.

BJ goood sheeee. ARBIN. goood SHEEEE. stay tuned.

osogris
03-05-2008, 07:36 PM
I am a little late to this thread, but live in South San Diego and just started playing a few days ago. My name is Clinton.

NukeDOC
03-05-2008, 10:56 PM
stay tuned folks. i will be posting soon with info on the next jam session! ive got a lot of ideas running through my head right now.

pakiboy949
03-09-2008, 07:31 AM
i might be down to go if i see the thread. I was in downtown SD last night at gas lamp, i hit up ambrosia. Amazing night :D

UKESTAR
03-09-2008, 12:17 PM
stay tuned folks. i will be posting soon with info on the next jam session! ive got a lot of ideas running through my head right now.

Hey Nuke..

What sort of ideas you got for the next jam??:eek::eek:

NukeDOC
03-09-2008, 08:55 PM
i dont want to get too far into detail as of yet. right now i still have to figure out a good date. but expect it to be in mid to late may. yeah, well in advance again. for now, im going to try to keep this from becoming too periodic, until the attendance is so great that we will have to do it regularly. this is where many of the ideas come into play and i would like to discuss these with everyone in person.

so if you are interested in where these jam sessions might go, and what they can grow into, please make the arrangements and come to the next jam session. i promise i will post well in advance. hopefully it will be enough time to free yourself of any obligations that you are willing to, and give your input on some of these ideas.

i will be making the new thread sometime this week. i am currently busy organizing material and equipment for my band. but once i get those things squared away, i will post up with at least what to expect at the next jam.

sorry ive been so incognito lately. just a lot has been going on. and ive just been way too busy. ironically, all these things taking up my time... none of it involves a girl! hahaha. thanks for your patience!

clevacheva
03-09-2008, 08:59 PM
thanks for the update Arvin