Just ordered a Morgan Monroe MM-UB2F_Banjo Uke banjo uke

rockchic56

Reaction score
Well, I've been thinking about purchasing a banjo uke for some time now, but have been on the fence about whether or not I should get a new banjo uke or take my chances on Ebay with a used or vintage 1. While doing a bit of online shopping, I stumbled upon the Morgan Monroe MM-UB2F_Banjo Uke. It's VERY modestly priced at Musiclandcentral.com (especially with their coupon code) & I see it's made of walnut & comes with a lifetime warranty. It's definitely not as blinged out as the Goldtone banjolele deluxe, and it's kind of plain Jane in the looks dept. I'm just hoping that it will stay in tune and sound like a banjo uke should sound. Come on UPS truck!

I saw those in a thread here about some music store, so I looked at their website. I thought they looked pretty nice for the money. Let us know how it plays! The only banjo uke I've played is a Goldtone, which I messed about with for a few minutes in The Denver Folklore Center, a great acoustic music store in Denver (oddly enough!). I've been thinking that someday I ought to get some kind of banjo uke, to be a completist, lol. But they mostly seem to be vastly expensive! So I would really like to read your thoughts about it.
Thanks in advance!

Looks good!
I have a Morgan Monroe banjo, which are sometimes criticized for the quality of certain parts. I can't complain a bit; my 'jo is completely decent and it didn't cost me a fortune.
Post when the UPS truck gets there! Let us know how you did!

Looks real nice!

MMUB2F.jpg

I have the UB-1 and it's great. Aside from some string buzzing that I pray will go away once they've settled, it's a quality instrument.

I played both open back, and the one you got, at NAMM. I really liked it. Plus the price can not be beat. They can not keep them instock. Please keep us informed. I will post my review sometime in December when I get my review model.
I would say good choice.

I just got my Morgan Monroe UB2F banjo uke and I got to say I'm disappointed. I tried several times to bring it up to GCEA and the A string would pop out of the bridge. No problem I just tied a bigger knot, but then the string breaks. So I put on a new set of Aquias (which barely reach, this is no Soprano scale). and they break as well. I'm tuning to the same pitch as my vintage soprano uke but there's no way this Monroe is going that high. Good thing I didn't try ADF#B. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. I don't want to start filing things as it will void my return.

Return it or get a hold of Morgan Monroe
If you run into problems please PM me. I am currently in contact with them for a review model and have a few direct contacts.

I will be contacting the vendor tomorrow and will post the outcome. If I can't resolve the issue I will definitely PM you. Thanks very much!

Good luck, Swanny. That definitely is frustrating.
It's nice that ukeeku knows some folks over there.

may be just a sharp edge on the tailpiece?

you have to wrap the string around the peg underneath the uke. don't just knot it.

Top Bottom