New KoAloha Sceptre on eBay by MGM

WOW! That matches my Batcape!

I saw that earlier and was wondering if you were going to grab it up. :cool:

Ha, I wish. Alas, I just finished paying off my Pineapple Sunday and I'm on a self imposed moratorium right now. About the only thing I'd break the bank on at this point is a crown bridge KoAloha tenor, and even then I would probably have to do some magic to make those finances available. So nope, no Sceptre for me. Though it would give me another reason to buy a cool uke hanger. By the way, I love that three hanger one you have right now - nice job!

From a collectors viewpoint the one up for auction will be worth more in the future it is one of the early ones with the crowned bridge that they are not going to make any more becase it was to labor intensive
compare the bridge to the one in my avatar

From a collectors viewpoint the one up for auction will be worth more in the future it is one of the early ones with the crowned bridge that they are not going to make any more becase it was to labor intensive
compare the bridge to the one in my avatar

I think if you call and talk to Papa you can still get the crown bridge. It will probably cost more. Koaloha seems to make little tweeks to their ukulele kind of often though. Look at all the vriations of the PS are out there.

Also the ad has stock photos so it is possible it has the different bridge.

What I said in my last post was what was told to me when I called and talked to Papa
now what you said about the stock photo and how it may differ from the actual instument is what happened to me I was dissapointed when I got the new style bridge that's why I called KoAloha I wanted to get the straight scoop
For a few sec.s there I was thinking about bidding but I'm over it now :)

Also the ad has stock photos so it is possible it has the different bridge.

I'm kind of surprised he is using stock photos. I know how busy MGM is, and the huge volume of business he does, but tenor Sceptres are very rare. And for over 1K you would think you would get to see photos of the actual uke you were buying. I know how picky I am about the wood grain and bridges on my ukes, so I would never buy one without seeing photos of the actual ukulele. Hmm, interesting.

Top Bottom