Kiwaya KSL-1 Mahogany Long Neck Soprano Ukulele for sale or trade

LoMa

Reaction score
*** SALE PENDING *** I have a Kiwaya KSL-1 up fpor sale or trade - it's a long neck soprano uke with a concert scale, made with a very thin solid mahogany top and Kiwaya's famous "hyperthin" mahogany laminate for the back and sides for excellent resonance. Rosewood fretboad and bridge, and a compensated saddle for excellent intonation. 14 frets to the body, 20 frets total. Pearl microdots at the 3,5,7,10, and 12th frets with corresponding side dots. It also has upgraded Grover open back geared 14:1 tuners with black knobs.

Very lightweight, responsive instrument, with great playability and dynamics. Lots of punch and tremendous clarity. Currently tuned with a low G and strung with Aquila nylgut strings. Also excellent
tone in the standard high G re-entrant tuning. A particularly nice KSL-1. Made in Japan.

Excellent condition except for a dent near the edge of the peghead which you'll notice when you hold the uke at a certain angle to the light - about 1/4" wide and long. The dent was there when the uke was new.

Comes with a padded camo gigbag.

$295 shipped to the USA lower 48.

I'm selling mainly to thin the herd, but I might trade for a soprano scale instrument. I'm sticking with the soprano's these days.

Note: Someone pointed out that the new KSL-1's are made of all laminate. However, the older models of the KSL-1 were adverstised as having a solid top. The serial number on this KSL-1 is #91, so it's definitely an early model, and it was advertised as a solid top wen I bought it new. I looked at the lip of the uke top at the soundhole, and as far I can tell, it is a solid top.

Attachments

• DSC01336..jpg
    DSC01336..jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 75
  • DSC01340..jpg
    DSC01340..jpg
    69 KB · Views: 67
  • DSC01333..jpg
    DSC01333..jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC01339..jpg
    DSC01339..jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC01332..jpg
    DSC01332..jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Hi. I know this wouldn't thin your herd, but would you consider a 2-for-1 swap. I would consider trading my brand new Ohana CKP-70 Vita (soprano scale) which I got from MGM in April of this year ($177), plus a Mainland Mahogany Matte soprano which I got directly from Mainland as a "second" (supposedly scratches in the surface before the finish was applied......but I don't notice it) (cost me $150). I could send each in a gig bag.

Any chance you could include the Kiwaya case you show in the picture?

Let me know what you think. I can send pictures if you are interested.

Hi. I know this wouldn't thin your herd, but would you consider a 2-for-1 swap. I would consider trading my brand new Ohana CKP-70 Vita (soprano scale) which I got from MGM in April of this year ($177), plus a Mainland Mahogany Matte soprano which I got directly from Mainland as a "second" (supposedly scratches in the surface before the finish was applied......but I don't notice it) (cost me $150). I could send each in a gig bag.

Any chance you could include the Kiwaya case you show in the picture?

Let me know what you think. I can send pictures if you are interested.

That's a really kind offer, but I really am looking to thin the herd and also to pick up a little needed cash - although I would happily consider trading the Kiwaya for a Pono soprano.

The Kiwaya case shown in the photos is for a concert uke - it is too big for the Kiwaya KSL-1 long neck soprano - it works okay, but it really is too big. I used it here to give a nice background to make the ukulele stand out.

The case is way nice and way expensive too, $75 new. But I would sell it with no ukulele in it for $45 shipped to the USA lower 48. Or I would include it with any ukuele you bought for an extra $35.

You can see the details of the case here:
http://www.kiwayaukuleles.com/cases.html

Thanks again for your offer!

SALE PENDING on the Kiwaya KSL-1.

I still have a LoPrinzi soprano available made of all solid quilted maple with a spruce top. Comes with locking Fremont hardhshell case.
I be putting up a post for the LoPrinzi soon!

Top Bottom