hi all just thought i would share my creation

1994deano

Reaction score
i just thought i would show you the uke i made please be honest and give your opinion
uke..jpg

Is there any way we can see a bigger picture? The photo is ever so small!

photo.php

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=658606&l=c42887f27f&id=1662574365
there ya go that should be bigger

thanks and yes it is, it only took about an hour to knock together

Schweeeet lookin'! How's it play?

well it plays ok but the neck is from a £15 Mahalo so it goes out of tune easy however it sounds rather metalic i think it makes it sound rather interesting
and i didnt use any paint because it is just a allsorts tin

I stumbled upon a video last night of a guy playing a really nice looking tin can uke and it got me thinking that I would really like to make one. There is a huge flea market close to my house the weekend of the first Monday of every month. I think I just might have to go can shopping. Anyone have a source for decent necks?

Mike
ukuDaily.com

You can buy necks from Mike at Mainland....

A few weeks ago, I posted a question about keeping a uke in my car in the Texas summer heat. The concensus was that it was a horrible idea (pretty obviously). Still wanting to be able to take a uke with me to disc golf tournaments, camping and such, I started searching for a relatively humidity-proof and temperature-proof ukulele. I thought plastic was an option, but the temperature swings would really change the size of them. Carbon fiber would be great, but who can affor them.

I think a tin can just might be the answer.

Mike
ukuDaily.com

Hmmmm. You got me thinking now. Republic ukes are made right here in Texas, about an hour away. If I fail in my tin-can efforts, perhaps that would be a good backup solution.

Mike
ukuDaily.com

looks pretty good. Got a sound clip for us too? I'd love to hear how this thing plays

Nice work! Licorice Allsorts are one of my favorite things in life.

Top Bottom