Aldrine's Hat

Honuke

UU+
Reaction score
Hey sorry this isn't about ukulele's, but I wanted people to visit this thread and thought I should post it on this forum since it is the most viewed (I think). Okay so now that is out of the way, I have a question that I hope someone can answer, does anyone know what kind of hat Aldrine Guerrero wears? I am talking about the his gray fedora/trilby hat that he wears in a lot of his videos. I want that type of hat so bad because it looks so nice. If you know the brand or anything that will help me find it online so I can buy it, please tell me!

I think you answered your own question. It's a short brimmed trilby, as far as I can tell.

Popular hats these days - short brimmed fedoras. Come in many materials, colours and styles. I picked up a pale straw-coloured one made out of what looks like grass fibre (it's really paper). Got it at a clothing merchant in Kensington Market, in Toronto for $15. Others I saw ranged from $10 to $50, depending on material and lining. felt is more expensive, usually $20-$25. I wanted cloth hat in plaid but Susan said absolutely not. I thought plaid went well with ukuleles. She didn't think plaid went well with anything but old used car salesmen.

There was a similar one to the hat I bought in a hat shop on Queen St West. It had someone's signature on it - didn't recognize the name, some musician, but it was the highest at $50. It was a sweet hat, nicely made with good quality lining, but I didn't want a hat with someone else's writing on it, so I got the $15 Chinese-made clone. Not really good quality but very jazzy. I see myself playing a stand-up bass when I wear it... hip in the beatnik manner. Well, I was around at the end of the beatnik era, so maybe I'm searching for my lost youth.

I actually was looking for a good beret, Che-style, sans red star, of course. Didn't find one, so I started looking at the other wares. The other hat I liked in the stores was a "pork pie" hat a la Charlie Mingus. I would have bought one of those but my wife thought I was too old and too white to wear it without l without looking dorky.

PS. Aldrine in the video says he got his hat after watching Crossroads - a fun, if historically askew, movie. But the hats are very different. The kid wears a wide-brimmed fedora a la Indiana Jones or the famous Tilley hats.

Last edited:
You kind of answered your own question dude. Those hats are very 'in' right now so they are all over the mall, Walmart, Target, Kmart...at least around here you can practically pick them up in gas stations.

Top Bottom