U-Bass WTF moment

choss

Reaction score
I was drooling over some of the U-Bass on the road toad website, when I realized something. I have NO IDEA what keeps the strings attached to the bridge. WTF? Do they just have holes and the strings fit so well that they stay in place under tension? How does this work? Is it some weird road toad wizardry?

Not sure if I'm answering your question but I seem to remember seeing a panel on the back of the ubass that opens up... So I'm guessing that the strings have a grommet, a knot, or something at the end (like guitar strings) and it's threaded thru the holes. Just a guess, I haven't seen inside in person.

I think the panel has to do with the pick ups. not sure though, maybe you can thread the strings from the inside that way too. ???

I played a Kala U Bass for about 15 minutes at a shop in Denver last month. I believe you access the strings through the panel on the back. There is really no other way you COULD get to them. You might also access the pick-ups from there, but I don't think you would actually need to access the pickups. They are individual piezos in the bridge saddle.

Top Bottom