After Hours *grown-ups only* Singalong Suggestions

tuscadero

Reaction score
Hey-o!

I'm working on Volume 2 of the very fun singalong booklet I posted last summer and I asked around to my friends, "what worked? what didn't? what would you like included this summer?" One of the bits of feedback I got was about a certain Jimmy Buffet song. I think he sometimes calls it A Love Song (From a Different Point of View.) The comment was there were often young'uns at the cookouts when we used the singalong book and that song was a little racy. Point taken. I am keeping Volume 2 family-friendly--well, friendly for MY family anyhow.

That said. There are some very fun tunes that are not safe for mixed company, but with the right crowd would be most excellent for singalong. For instance, Why Don't We do it in the Road by the Beatles, or Let's Duet from the Dewey Cox movie, and a number of songs by Garfunkel and Oates, natch. SO, I've decided to assemble two books, one of which will be decidedly After Hours.

I come to you, my Ukulele Underground folks, to ask for your ideas and recommendations. Keep it clean, liberal use of asterisks are welcome. This is an all ages forum, of course.

Naturally, I will make the final book available for download, with the blessing of our UU moderators.

My favorite is Good Ship Venus by Loudon Wainwright III on the Rogue's Gallery cd. It also goes by Friggin In The Riggin, which The Sex Pistols did.

~Michael

Sadly, I can't think of any, as I have an awful tendency to make every song an... ahem... After Hours song (Love that euphemism! Hope you don't mind if I use it in day to day!)

"Killing me softly (with his... well, it rhymes with "Song")", "You've got it all over him (and can you wipe it off now, please?)", The Proclaimer's "500 Miles" practically BEGS to be rewritten filthily... "When I'm (censored), yeah, you know I'm gonna be, I'm gonna be the (censored)(censored)(censored)(censored)..."

God... I'm a child. Sad, really.

First of May, Jonathan Coulton.

f*ck her gently by tenacious D

whats wrong with "why dont we do it in the road". My kids love it - (mainly cos i blasted Beatles to both of them from an early age). both love it as a song. One now old enough to understand the connotations, but being old enough, he probably just sniggers to himself about it.

Its hardly a lyric that will make him a deviant surely??

My Ding-a-ling - Chuck Berry. My wife hates this song. I crack up every time I hear it.

The Light Crust Doughboys - "Everybodys Trucking" and "Pussy, Pussy, Pussy" (about a lost cat!) are pretty wicked.

This one just HAS to be on the list.

Da Vinci's Notebook "Enormous *****"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9iiU6NDxIo

That was great! Unbelievable harmonies. Their song "Internet p***" is also very funny and really well done.
And yeah... What's dirty about "Why Don't We Do It In The Road"??? He never says WHAT they are doing. Get yer mind outta the gutter!
There would be numerous George Formby songs that would fit this criteria. They are almost, but juuuuuuuussssst not quite, dirty.

Ahh never mind lol I had another song in mind that was sung by a guy with a studder about a real cun cun cun tree girl but I forgot the name of it
just think about all the songs that have been written with double meanings CRaZy :)

Who's that knocking at my door?
Who's that knocking at my door?

Top Bottom