Has anyone tried these custom Ukulele/Guitar inlays from eBay?

happyslappysoong

Reaction score
I have them on a couple of my ukes. Fret markers and a cat on my Eleuke and a gecko on my Risa stick.

My husband had a dragon on his tenor, but he decided it was a bit too ostentatious so he took it off. It came off easily.

I think they are great, I have them on a few ukes and folks think they are real inlay until they touch them.
I have used them for fret markers as well and they do not get in the way and they have stayed stuck too.

I have used them for fret markers as well and they do not get in the way and they have stayed stuck too.
Do they wear off, lose colour or come off with repeated playing? That would be my biggest concern.

I've had some of these fret markers on for a couple of months now. They look fantastic and everybody thinks they are real MOP inlays.
The uke has had a lot of playing in that time but I suppose it's too early to tell if they will eventualy fade or come off.

I'm very pleased with them and if they do ever deteriorate I'd be happy to stick some more on. They're cheap enough.

Man I've been looking at these for weeks... but I just can't decide what to get. I guess its good that they come off since I can't decide, I'll just have to get several.

Does anyone know if they're reusable... like after you take them off can you put them on again?

I have some on my Fluke, and the markers on the higher frets are fine, but the markers of frets 3 and 5 seem to be peeling off. I can't be too upset, because they're pretty cheap.

As my Mainland lacks fret-side markers I'm gonna be buying a set of these:

http://www.inlaystickers.com/servlet/the-252/Small-Custom-Dots-1-fdsh-8"(WS)/Detail
Thanks for that. I will get some, too. I've always wondered why so many uke brands don't have the side markers (or why most don't ahve the three-fret marker either!). I suspect because a lot of non-musicians are involved in the design and overlook what most of us think are useful, even necessary.

I just received my gecko stickers and they look great. They were easy to install - just peel and stick. Time will tell if they last.

I have some on my Fluke, and the markers on the higher frets are fine, but the markers of frets 3 and 5 seem to be peeling off. I can't be too upset, because they're pretty cheap.
Is it the plastic or wooden fretboard? Plastic might not stick as well.

I bought a set of these about a year ago. I have had no problems what-so-ever with them. They are very thin and do not get in the way on the fretboard. I have a few left and took a picture (not the best) of what they look like. Hope that this helps!

btw-I have only used them on wood fretboards.

Ive emailed the guy and he said he may make the Steve Vai style Flower of Life for a full 18 fret fretboard for Tenor Uke!!! woohoo!

I would just be careful with the size of them. Most of those are meant for big ukes(guitars) so a "fret" sized one might be small enough for a guitar fret, but way too big for a ukulele fret, if you catch my meaning. Other than that they look pretty sweet. I saved the page for a later date haha

I would just be careful with the size of them. Most of those are meant for big ukes(guitars) so a "fret" sized one might be small enough for a guitar fret, but way too big for a ukulele fret, if you catch my meaning. Other than that they look pretty sweet. I saved the page for a later date haha

Theres exact measurements for each inlay on their respective pages.

Top Bottom