PDA

View Full Version : i finally pulled the trigger

philthy
06-03-2010, 06:30 PM
i finally just said screw it and purchased a new mainland mahogany concert ukulele. i hope it lives up to the hype. i'm pretty sure that it will... i've heard nothing but positive reviews. the masses can't be wrong, right? now comes the waiting part.

Chris Tarman
06-03-2010, 06:38 PM
I don't think you will be disappointed. Congratulations!

cletus
06-04-2010, 04:12 AM
oh boy, are you about to get really excited.
Congrats!

Uncle Rod Higuchi
06-04-2010, 04:25 AM
Congrats on your decision and selection.

Here's a little ditty about waiting for the UPS.

http://www.4shared.com/document/xrcGKczN/Waiting_for_UPS_Dm.html

As noted, it's sung to the melody of Besame Mucho. I hope you know it.

I didn't do an MP3 of it, so I can't share that with you. So here's another
ditty about how it's insane to be without a uke:

http://www.4shared.com/audio/-UIFXKTk/Its_Insane_to_be_without_a_Uke.html

I hope it makes the passing of time more manageable.

Keep uke'in',

allanr
06-04-2010, 04:35 AM
i finally just said screw it and purchased a new mainland mahogany concert ukulele. i hope it lives up to the hype. i'm pretty sure that it will... i've heard nothing but positive reviews. the masses can't be wrong, right? now comes the waiting part.

I am now worried about you... If you are lucky, owning a really nice uke will cure you of the desire to own even more ukes - but it's more likely that your case of UAS (Ukulele Acquisition Syndrome) will be particularly severe, since you are starting out with a taste for fine ukuleles ;-)

Congratulations!

mangorockfish
06-09-2010, 01:38 PM
You go boy!!!! That was my first uke purchase. Sweet Dumplin, my Main Sueeze, bought me a tenor like my concert for Christmas and I love it, but I think the concert is my favorite. Was going to buy a "K" brand, but didn't think I would fine one that I liked any better than my Mainlands. You did the right thing, Bro'. Let us know how you like it.

cletus
06-09-2010, 03:59 PM
i finally just said screw it and purchased a new

You are the UAS poster child of the day!

Keef
06-09-2010, 04:05 PM
Now you've done it a brand new uke congrats Now how long before it gets it's first Nick ?