FS: Ohana SK-21 Sopranino <SOLD>

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkatz

Reaction score
Sold.

For sale is an Ohana Sopranino in as new condition that I purchased earlier this year. It is 19" long and made of solid mahogany with a rosewood fingerboard and bridge as well as a bone nut and saddle and Aquila strings. It is great to travel with, fits in most carry on bags and has a surprising sound for such a small instrument.

$100 plus actual shipping costs (should be around $10 USPS). Paypal okay.

Please contact me directly - mkatz@pfsllc.com

Mitch

UU.jpg

Sopranino2.jpg

SopraninoBack.jpg

Last edited:
Aloha Mitch,
That's an Awesome price, it won't last over the weekend...wish I had the money for this one..
Good Luck, MM Stan...
Actually my backpacker from New Zealand should arrive today ot tomorrow too.
BTW- how's yours sounding...I got the one with the lighter hardwwod top...
I wanted one just like Whetu's but would have had to wait longer...
That Mate Bevan, he's a really cool chap, isn't he!!!! Cheers!!
Kia Ora...(thanks or bye)

Last edited:
Hi MM Stan,

The sopranino is a good deal for someone at this price.

My backpacker sounds great but I am having a little difficulty with the tuners. Hopefully it will get worked out shortly.

Mitch

Aloha Mitch,
When I ordered mine, I asked Bevan to use threaded tuners and he said he did. Still waiting for
mine, as it didn't arrive today. How long did it take for your to arrive in days after he said he sent it?
MM Stan...
All excited and can't wait for it to get here....

Last edited:
It took a week to arrive. The tuner problem is resolved - the key he sent me was faulty. I was able to replace it at the local music store with a standard drum key for $2 and all is well. Yours should arrive shortly.

Still available?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the neck is the same size as a soprano and just the body is smaller. Or is the neck , scale and body smaller. I can play a soprano but am worried about the sopraino being too small for my big fat fingers. Sure like the looks of them.
Thanks
Dan

Smaller than a soprano in every respect....

Thanks for responding mailman. It is smaller in every respect which is the point of a sopranino. It is great for traveling and actually fits in a suitcase or carry on bag. The sound and playability are quite surprising for such a small instrument.

Mitch

I had the opportunity to play one of these briefly at UWC2010. I expected it to be too small for me to play, as I have quite large hands. I was surprized to find that I could, indeed, play it, albeit with some initial difficulty. I'm sure that if were to be able to play one regularly I would be able to adjust to the smaller fretboard.

I'd recommend tuning it higher than GCEA; perhaps D tuning, perhaps even higher.

Good looking, nice sounding, cute as a button. What's not to like?

I had the opportunity to play one of these briefly at UWC2010. I expected it to be too small for me to play, as I have quite large hands. I was surprized to find that I could, indeed, play it, albeit with some initial difficulty. I'm sure that if were to be able to play one regularly I would be able to adjust to the smaller fretboard.

I'd recommend tuning it higher than GCEA; perhaps D tuning, perhaps even higher.

Good looking, nice sounding, cute as a button. What's not to like?

I agree, especially at this price.

Mitch

Still available? I'd be interested. My mom's looking for a ukulele and I NEED one! And, where is it located, and how much is the price reduced?

Last edited:
I have one of those Ohana sopraninos, and I love it. It's pretty small, but plays easily and it sounds way better than I expected. I take it with me all the time - it fits in my coat pocket without a case. I made a video with me playing a whole bunch of different ukes side-by-side, so you can hear the sopranino compared to other ukes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk81Sor_1M8
Hope it helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom