Kamaka uke played on next week's Glee

wickedwahine11

Reaction score
Looks like Mr. Schuster on "Glee" will be playing a Kamaka ukulele next week on the season finale. Sweet, the side of it looks like my Kamaka. :)
attachment.php

Last edited:
Guess I better get caught up on the DVR!

~Michael

I'm gonna guess by the mouth formations, and the possible C chord he is playing, that they will be doing over the rainbow? Any other guesses?

I'm gonna guess by the mouth formations, and the possible C chord he is playing, that they will be doing over the rainbow? Any other guesses?

You are right! The episode features the cast doing "Faithfully" by Journey, "Bohemian Rhapsody," and on the uke, "Somewhere Over the Rainbow." You can hear a snippet of the "Rainbow" version at 2:33 in this Youtube video. http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/watch?v=lxy0wrQSEvU

Okay, I know way too much about this. What can I say? I'm a Gleek.

ok, details. where DID you find that picture and Bohemian Rhapsody ON the Uke? I need your source, must read for myself. Thanks much!

ok, details. where DID you find that picture and Bohemian Rhapsody ON the Uke? I need your source, must read for myself. Thanks much!

Hiya, the picture was on Facebook, on the Glee Facebook fan page. Alas, the Bohemian Rhapsody is not on the uke, only "Rainbow" will be I think. But to hear a great version of "Bohemian Rhapsody" on a ukulele, check out Jake Shimabukuro's version. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snPQ1z5FoqQ

Apparently, the actor (Matthew Morrison) has been doing live versions of the "Rainbow" on the uke during some of the Glee concerts.

Iz... Jason Castro... now this. Has SOtR officially replaced "Tiptoe" as the stereotypical ukulele song?

JJ

You are right! The episode features the cast doing "Faithfully" by Journey, "Bohemian Rhapsody," and on the uke, "Somewhere Over the Rainbow." You can hear a snippet of the "Rainbow" version at 2:33 in this Youtube video. http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/watch?v=lxy0wrQSEvU

Okay, I know way too much about this. What can I say? I'm a Gleek.

WOOHOO!!! I guessed it without even knowing! I win the prize! Dunno what the prize is, but I WIN!

Yes, I do think SOTR is now the defining UKE song of our generation.
Cheers
Skottoman

better this than I'm Yours, I think. When I play SOTR around the fire it's the one song everyone sings along. It makes people happy.

Iz... Jason Castro... now this. Has SOtR officially replaced "Tiptoe" as the stereotypical ukulele song?

JJ

I would agree the SOTR (It took me 2 minutes to realize what this stood for) is becoming the Ukulele Stnadard. Ii just made me cringe when one of the comments for the video was "I'm glad they are doing the Jason Castro version. :p

Haha I guessed by the shape of Puck and Scheuster's lips that they were playing SOTR. I could practically hear the "Oooooh"s :D I can't wait for that episode to air!

I'm constantly asked to play this. Sadly, the Em chord still hates me (Guess what I'm practicing tonight!).

It's definitely the new standard song.

Now if only I could play it!

At least SOTR is a beautiful song. The PERFORMANCE of Tiptoe that people remember is horrific. I'm much happier with Bruddah Iz associations than Tiny Tim ones.

And yes, I'm asked to play SOTR a lot. And I oblige.

OH! I love GLEE! This just makes it even better. I have a vintage Kamaka that is being restored as we speak. Now I am even more anxious to finally get to play it. They have a great sound. I'm hoping that once I get it back, that urge to drive down to Mainland and purchase a new mango soprano will subside a bit... Thanks for the update!

Just caught it on TV-- I had no idea there was going to be a uke and I squealed, yes, squealed.

P.S. This means that uke has been featured on my two favorite shows (the other being Bones).

Top Bottom