Here's a preview of my new MP custom coming soon

fumanshu

Reaction score
Hi guys...!! I just want to share with you my new MP concert custom uke that will come in a few weeks.....

Mike just finished to put his finish coat on the uke.... Still have a few things to do the uke....but it's coming very soon!!!!! Yeaahhhh!!!!!

This is my first custom uke....and dealing with Mike Pereira is very nice since he's giving one of these awesome service taking time to explain all the things you need to know before taking the decisions....

I think the uke looks already very nice....The color combo of the wood really came out nice....

I'll update when the uke will be completed

what do you think...???

DSC03502-correct.jpg

DSC03490-correct.jpg

DSC03494-correct.jpg

DSC03457-correct.jpg

Very nice! Killer bound fretboard there with the pin-striping between the binding and fretboard. What kind of wood combination is that? Should be an outstanding uke. Congrats!

Congratulations, fumanshu! :nana: Your new MP looks fantastic. :D I am sure it will sound every bit as good as it looks! I I've been playing my redwood top/koa back and sides MP tenor daily since it arrived and I continue to be amazed by the tonal spectrum of this instrument. It has really started to open up lately. I just can't put it down. :D From your comments, I can tell the level of your excitement. My MP was my first custom uke too. I'm already actually thinking about putting in an order for my second MP! Mike Pereira builds an outstanding ukulele at a price that can't be beat! :worship: Is that a cedar top and padauk back and sides you went for on your concert? Congrats again, fumanshu!

deach wrote:
WOW! A lot of work went into that one. Beautiful wood. I love the inlay on the neck and sound hole.

thanks deach... the inlay at the fretboard and sound was one ofthe first things tat caught my attention when Mike send to me the pics at the very beginning of the uke...and it was already cool... now with the finish onit....looks qute sweet...

GX9901 wrote:
Very nice! Killer bound fretboard there with the pin-striping between the binding and fretboard. What kind of wood combination is that? Should be an outstanding uke. Congrats!

Hey what's up... Thanks man....I finally choose the redwood top with padauk on sides back with binding in ebony.....I think Mike did this combo a few times and I've heard it's a winner combo for sounds....

As for the ebony binding....well this is more to give the uke a "look" that Mike and I choose to go with ebony... It matches well with the fretboard and the redwood/padauk combo too....

So I saw that you receive your William King tenor...It looks beautiful man.....and I'm sure it's a killer for the sound!

Howlin Hobbit
wrote:
It looks to me like it's a bit extra deep in the body. I'll bet it's going to have a big voice!

Mike is going to string it today or tomorrow and he will play it to break it in... I 'll then have an idea of the sounding of it....but Mike is very familiar with his wood combo....so if he says that it will have a big deep projection...it will surely..!

drubin wrote:
Congratulations, fumanshu! Your new MP looks fantastic. I am sure it will sound every bit as good as it looks! I I've been playing my redwood top/koa back and sides MP tenor daily since it arrived and I continue to be amazed by the tonal spectrum of this instrument. It has really started to open up lately. I just can't put it down. From your comments, I can tell the level of your excitement. My MP was my first custom uke too. I'm already actually thinking about putting in an order for my second MP! Mike Pereira builds an outstanding ukulele at a price that can't be beat! Is that a cedar top and padauk back and sides you went for on your concert? Congrats again, fumanshu!

Hi drubin... I've read and follow your thread on your MP tenor and this was part of the things that push me to order a custom from Mike Pereira... Also he's very kind and service is exceptional.

I went with the redwood top like you but for the sides and back, I decide to go with padauk...I just want something other than koa since I already have all koa ukes...so just to have something else....

I'm sure that you appreciate your uke....and Miketold me that it willtake a few monthsof play before it open up to have a clear idea of the sound....

As for commisioning him for another uke... I'm sure that it will happen later during the year....and maybe something with pick-ups....

thanks and I'll post the pics once it will be finish...!!

May I ask, what does a beautiful custom uke like this cost?

That sure is classy dude. Congratulations, looks exceptional.

Ukulady wrote:
May I ask, what does a beautiful custom uke like this cost?

Hi uku.....You can check the price list on http://mpukuleles.com/"]MP[/URL] webpage. All that I can say is that Mie has very competitive price and you have to remember that all his uke are customs and not mass production like all the majors uke companies.

Hey my uke is finished!!!!! I'll put the pics very soon.... Mike will send the uke....this week!!! yeyyeeyeyey!!!!!

My MP custom concert finally arrived!!!!

Hi guys....I'm the most happy guy today...I just receive my MP custom concert.....

So...just want to share with you the pics of my new uke.....that I just can't put down...since I always to take and play with it!!!!

Enjoy the pics!!!

thanks

DSC03540-correct.jpg

DSC03543-body.jpg

DSC03545-back.jpg

P6240241-head-side.jpg

(drools)

:nana:NICE:nana:

we want teh videos on ter youchube!

A big congratulations, Fumanshu, on your gorgeous new MP concert from a fellow proud MP owner! :D

My MP tenor is everything I ever wanted in a uke and more. :nana:

Enjoy, my friend!

Best regards,

David

Top Bottom