Tenor neck Flea!!

The tenor Flea plays great. I actually prefer it to the tenor Fluke because access to the upper frets is easier. Totally worth it.

I'm really interested in the tenor Fleas, too. The Poiple and Bubblegum colors are delicious!

Damned UAS....

I ordered a tenor flea last week. I received an email message today saying that manufacturing's a little backed up (when you order from fleamarketmusic.com, your flea or fluke is made to order), but it's scheduled to ship by the middle of next week.

I ordered a tenor flea last week. I received an email message today saying that manufacturing's a little backed up (when you order from fleamarketmusic.com, your flea or fluke is made to order), but it's scheduled to ship by the middle of next week.

Jealous. Let us know how you like it when you get it.

I like it. I like it. I love the concert neck on my current Flea, but sometimes when I am trying to get to another level of playing and go above the 12th fret, I really appreciate the tenor neck, or even a cutaway.

Anyone have a sound sample yet? I'd love to hear Beckingham play this on one for comparison:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS8WLY0aFaY

Last edited:
Whoa. It... looks... like... an entirely different instrument altogether. Like, I could see a lot of folks being really shocked to hear that it actually sounds like a uke. (This doesn't mean that I don't want one.)

The denim-patterned Flea looks really neat, but I'd spring for the hibiscus if I could.

I'm shocked to see MGM selling a Flea with the plastic fretboard...

I'm shocked to see MGM selling a Flea with the plastic fretboard...

I'm glad to see it. They feel and play great, and their intonation is flawless. So it's good to see him offering these ukes at a variety of price levels.

I'm glad to see it. They feel and play great, and their intonation is flawless. So it's good to see him offering these ukes at a variety of price levels.

I'm glad to see it as well. I love my plastic fretboard. I actually seem to prefer it these days...I'm just surprised he's carrying them. I hope he keeps it up, I have my eye on a pink one...

The tenor scale Flea has more string tension than a concert scale Flea. The manufacturer did not install additional top bracing. The top on mine is "bellied" more than I am comfortable with. I am monitoring the top to see how well it holds up. Other than that, it plays and sounds great...!!! Action is very low, no buzzing, and the intonation is excellent.

Oh wow. I remember my soprano Flea developed a slight concave as well. Can't imagine what a tenor would do over time, since there's no additional bracing.

Still want one though. Need, not want. UAS!

Maybe I need one or maybe I just want one...
all I know is that sometime in the future, I WILL have a Tenor Tiki King.

Top Bottom