UU Ukes?

Reaction score
I watched the Total Ukulele Live show (it was awesome, btw!), and I heard mention of Ukulele Underground ukuleles that will be for sale soon. Now, I may have heard wrong or something, but is this true? That would be very awesome, I've been wanting to get a new uke, and this would be perfect. So please, if you have any info about it (dates that they will be sold, prices, even telling me it is really happening) please let me know and it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
See this thread . . . and btw, you currently have just as much info as the rest of us.

deach, was there any mention of a manufacturer? I gonna assume it's Kala . . . I guess we're gonna have to wait it out.

Pretty excited, would be expected if it was a Kala, although I wouldn't be suprised if the Rayan and Aldrine and everyone else involved came through with something suprising. Hell if it is $400 I will buy that instead of my new amp. Whatever the outcome, we can all expect it to be good considering the effort these guys give for us.

Footnote: oooeee I'm a senior member now eh? Hmmm should probably contribute something now. Maybe a video when I get a camera/mac

deach, was there any mention of a manufacturer? I gonna assume it's Kala . . . I guess we're gonna have to wait it out.

I don't remember him saying anything during the broadcast.

Wouldn't 400 bucks be a might bit pricey for a Kala??

If you remember the thread, people wanted a solid wood ukulele with a slotted head. $400 is a pretty good deal for basically a custom uke no matter who the builder might be.

If you remember the thread, people wanted a solid wood ukulele with a slotted head. $400 is a pretty good deal for basically a custom uke no matter who the builder might be.

Don't remember seeing anything about a slotted head, thats awesome and all solid. Can't wait.

Don't remember seeing anything about a slotted head, thats awesome and all solid. Can't wait.

Whoa whoa whoa! I'm not saying it's going to be all solid or have a slotted head. I know as much about this as anyone who reads this forum everyday. I'm just going off what people said they would like in a custom uke.

Well we've heard what people want, but not what the actual product is, which is why I was curious about the price point and the brand everyone thinks it will be. Basically it's like talking about something that doesn't exist, so I apologize if my question seemed somehow insulting. Without knowing what the actual uke will be, I thought it was a fair question.

Well we've heard what people want, but not what the actual product is, which is why I was curious about the price point and the brand everyone thinks it will be. Basically it's like talking about something that doesn't exist, so I apologize if my question seemed somehow insulting. Without knowing what the actual uke will be, I thought it was a fair question.

Your question was not insulting and I hope you didn't feel my response was defensive.

Whoa whoa whoa! I'm not saying it's going to be all solid or have a slotted head. I know as much about this as anyone who reads this forum everyday. I'm just going off what people said they would like in a custom uke.

Ah sorry read it wrong :D Gotta stop jumpin to conclusions

jus a guess tho its gonna be a kala becuz they sponsor UU in a way. Then maybe not slotted head. Slotted head work is around $200 set aside from the uke body. But most likely if not all solid body a solid top. and price ranged around $150-200. Anything else more is not gonna be wallet friendly to the beginner uke player IMO. But my question is, do u guys think it'll come in different size?!

But my question is, do u guys think it'll come in different size?!

I hope so but if they're having a bunch custom made, I don't know how cost effective it would be to have 2 or 3 sizes. If it's a model currently in production with a few tweaks for UU, there's probably a better chance of it.

So far I have been able to fight of the UAS. But the thought of an ukulele underground uke is making my clicking finger twitch, and my imagination is rumbling with the possibilities.

Its a pretty special uke to acquire, a Tenor will be nice, but I would of course be satified with any other size. Super Soprano would be cool.

So far I have been able to fight of the UAS. But the thought of an ukulele underground uke is making my clicking finger twitch, and my imagination is rumbling with the possibilities.

same here... i'm at the edge already with UAS... this UU uke might just push me over lol

Regarding the slotted headstock, remember Lanikai makes 6-string & 8-string ukes with slotted headstocks that sells for right around $200, so I'm guessing it would not be a problem for Kala (or another company building imported ukes) to offer an affordable uke with it.

During the show, he said there would be news soon. If I remember correctly, he said it would be in the $400 range.

$400 seem pretty high, at least if it was meant to be affordable to most of the members here. I guess we'll find out when it's announced.

Top Bottom