Got my Flea yesterday!!

mabster

Reaction score
Evening all,
I hope you are all well. I'm a little tired.. I was taking part in an event last night to raise money and awareness for a cancer research charity.. It was a 12 houor sponsored walk and as I was walking around the track I was playing my Uke :D It was awesome. I also ran a half marathon today.. sadly no Uke.

Anyways,
The flea is lovely, The finger board feels fantastic, It stays in tune and its loud!! Although I've not ben playing long there certainly is an improvement in my playing :D:D

I'm ofksies to have a wee play afore I go to sleep :)

Night all
x

Yes they are loud. Sometimes if you're trying be a considerate apartment dwelling neighbor, that's not good. But if you're at a uke jam at a pub, and all the other ukes are buzzing before they get as loud as your Flea does without breaking a sweat, then it's really appreciated. :D

Post pics of you and your Flea's big day out! :)

Wow, I'm sure the twelve hour walk just flew by with a uke in your hands!

I'm so jealous! I'm still waiting for my flea in the mail. If you don't mind me asking, where did you order it from and how long did it take to come? I'm wondering how fast flea market music will be.

Uh, oh. I didn't realize they'd be significantly louder. Maybe for all you guys with talent, that's pretty cool, but I don't think I want anyone to hear me playing!

I can't answer for the OP, but I got mine from Flea Market. Mine took 5 days to process the order because they had to put it together (the documentation on the site said as much as well), and then they sent it global express, which took 3 days to Finland. I don't know if the other models are already in stock, but if you want one that's ready to go, I'm sure they can let you know what they have. They are very friendly. Also, MGM has some in stock on ebay, and no one ever accused him being slow.

If you don't demon-strum it, you'll be fine! ;)

Flea 'n Fluke

I love my concert Flea and Tenor Fluke! I keep either one of them (I trade off) at work/school in my classroom. I've also owned two soprano Fleas over the years and have enjoyed them as well.

Congrats!
Craig

Congrats on your new Flea. I've got a Fluke and I love it. I love the way that they come with a little tag that says "This is a serious musical instrument... but don't treat it that way!". It's so true. It's the one uke I own that I don't worry about when I'm out and about with it slung over my shoulder in a gig bag.

Enjoy your Flea. I have a couple of Flukes - tenor and concert - and I really enjoy them. They're my favourite porch-strumming-glass-of-wine ukes. I personally prefer the tenor, but they're both well made, good intonation and play well. I like the sound for some songs and strumming style, but prefer my spruce-top Kala for its clarity and resonance when I'm picking others. Just different, neither better nor worse. You'll see when you get your next (fill in a number here) ukes.

:D
I'm loving it :) Im so usless at swapping chords and even getting my fingers in the right place, even worse at strumming patterns but I'm loving it :) Progress progress is awesome :D
In regards to video's you'll have to wait a good while

Just going to find a fews songs to learn..

Congrats on your flea! I hope your enjoying it.

I had a major case of UAS today -- (it's been building for weeks) and went to a music shop in St. Paul. I walked out 45 minutes later the proud owner of a used flea. I've been wanting one for a while and the price was pretty good. It needed a home and I was willing to give it one. Gotta go tune it and practice!

Top Bottom