Trying to get started

Chris Tarman

Reaction score
Ok, this is a dumb question perhaps, but how on earth do you open a Youtube account??? I tried SEVERAL times to do it from their page and kept being told I had the wrong password, and/or that there was no account associated with my email address. I THOUGHT I was following the instructions. I don't THINK I opened a Youtube account at anytime in the past that I have just forgotten about. When I hit the thing to reset my password, it tells me there is no account with that email. When I try it with the account and password I THOUGHT I just created, it tells me it is the wrong password. Argh!
I am a semi-intellegent person, but maybe I am missing something... :(

Have you tried accesing and setting up Youtube with a differant search engine? Also has your computer had a previous life with another person who may have had a Youtube account??...cheers, Tony

Well, I am the original owner of the computer, so that's not it. I have only tried setting it up through Youtube itself. Thanks for responding. Surely I'll get it figured out eventually!

Having to remember from a long while back - I got a YouTube account because I was wanting to see something that you had to be 18 to view, which required opening an account. I think mine is linked to my gmail account somehow, so that might be another route of entry.

The last week or two has been my first playing within YouTube - basically I made a Video and wanted to post it here. I had already uploaded it to Facebook, and the video conversion was straightforward there. On YouTube, the audio wound up hideously out of sync. I have a netbook with a cheezy 320 X whatever low-rez webcam built in, and that is what I am using, at the moment. I gleaned some info from the Sticky Thread on how to make HQ YouTube videos and that helped me a bunch.

I hope you get things worked out - I love rolling through these videos!

Top Bottom