Another gift uke!

kenikas

Reaction score
My brother in law and his wife were checking out yard sales today, and picked up a baritone uke that they gave me. It's a brand I've never heard of and was hoping someone here may know something about it, it's a Sunlite, Model # UB-260. It was missing a couple of strings and I haven't had time to put a new set on so don't know how it sounds, but I have a set of Aquila low g strings I want to try on it. If any one has one of these, or has played one I'd really like to know what you think.

The only place I recall encountering the Sunlite brand is on the Ukuleleworld site. From time to time they seem to have a model or two available. Inexpensive.

Thanks Sambient, I'll have to check that site. Yes, it does seem to be a cheap uke, plastic nut and saddle, and plastic friction tuners. But seems solidly built even maybe a bit heavy, so I'm hoping the Aquila's will be able to drive the top and it won't sound to bad, looks to be a rosewood fretboard and the frets are pretty well finished. Like I say "never look a gift uke in the soundhole", if the intonation isn't bad I'll probably try a bone nut and saddle and see if that helps.

I have nothing against cheap ukes if they have something going for them. I'll be interested in learning how this works out for you.

Top Bottom