PDA

View Full Version : Concert "Tiki King" Fluke, w/ Rosewood Fretboard + Bridge <SOLD>

FromTheWayside
06-06-2010, 06:10 PM
A practically new Fluke uke featuring the "Tiki King," design, rosewood board and bridge, and a Fluke soft-case (pictured). Sounds and plays great, no flaws. This uke was babied. New set of strings couldn't hurt, but that's the only work necessary. Email with questions or for more pics.

UPDATE - Just cleaned the fretboard and installed new Martin strings. The uke plays like a dream.

UPDATE 2 - This uke can now be yours for $220 shipped. Any lower than that, and it'll have to go to eBay. Snatch it while you can!

Happy Strumming!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/Ichijin-san/Selling/IMG_0076.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/Ichijin-san/Selling/IMG_0077.jpg

FromTheWayside
06-09-2010, 10:11 AM
By the way, here's a pic of the back of the uke (in case anyone was curious):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/Ichijin-san/Selling/IMG_0078.jpg

JT_Ukes
06-09-2010, 10:15 AM
Sigh... My Dream Fluke.... not in the budget for now though... sigh..

FromTheWayside
06-09-2010, 10:30 AM
Hey JT -

Why don't you message me with the price that would make this uke in budget, and we'll see if we can negotiate something. :cool:

JT_Ukes
06-09-2010, 11:08 AM
Hey JT -

Why don't you message me with the price that would make this uke in budget, and we'll see if we can negotiate something. :cool:

. Thanks, but unfortunatly, right now the Uke budget is Nil... We're moving at the end of the month and have a summer trip planned that we still need to pay for, but thanks for asking!

:)

FromTheWayside
06-09-2010, 11:24 AM
. Thanks, but unfortunatly, right now the Uke budget is Nil... We're moving at the end of the month and have a summer trip planned that we still need to pay for, but thanks for asking!

:)

D'oh! Well, no worries. Sounds like you have a very busy and fun Summer coming up, so that'll be great!

JT_Ukes
06-09-2010, 11:53 AM
D'oh! Well, no worries. Sounds like you have a very busy and fun Summer coming up, so that'll be great!

Should Be! and My Concert Tiki Flea will be with me :)

JT

FromTheWayside
06-09-2010, 01:42 PM
Should Be! and My Concert Tiki Flea will be with me :)

JT

Nice nice! I might have a tenor "camp" flea in not too long... =]

Also, I made a mistake in the ad. The price was supposed to be $240 shipped. The first post has been updated accordingly.

Eriquito
06-10-2010, 03:48 AM
Is this item still available?

FromTheWayside
06-10-2010, 01:10 PM
Is this item still available?

Yulp...the uke is still available for sale. Go ahead and shoot me a PM if you'd like.

JT_Ukes
06-10-2010, 01:14 PM
Yulp...the uke is still available for sale. Go ahead and shoot me a PM if you'd like.

Noooooo! she was supposed to feel sorry for me and send it to me anyway!

Sigh....

FromTheWayside
06-10-2010, 03:24 PM
Noooooo! she was supposed to feel sorry for me and send it to me anyway!

Sigh....

I wish I could deach it, but I'm a poor college graduate. I can barely afford the next uke I'm going to get (and I've already sold one of my ukes!). Maybe if I land a real job (fingers crossed) I could deach you one.

JT_Ukes
06-10-2010, 03:34 PM
I wish I could deach it, but I'm a poor college graduate. I can barely afford the next uke I'm going to get (and I've already sold one of my ukes!). Maybe if I land a real job (fingers crossed) I could deach you one.

No worries! i was just makin noise! heh

FromTheWayside
06-12-2010, 09:32 AM
UPDATE - Just cleaned the fretboard and installed new Martin strings. The uke plays like a dream.

FromTheWayside
06-15-2010, 11:36 AM
Update - Price drop! ($220 shipped). =]

angelopb
06-17-2010, 05:58 AM
have a bump. this is such a nice fluke. my friend has one with the poly and it doesn't have the walnut neck and cobolo bridge. is this an automatic upgrade when you order the rosewood?

FromTheWayside
06-17-2010, 07:23 AM
have a bump. this is such a nice fluke. my friend has one with the poly and it doesn't have the walnut neck and cobolo bridge. is this an automatic upgrade when you order the rosewood?

I just checked the FMM website, and according to the spec sheet the bridges are either made of, "Bubinga with molded polycarbonate saddle or Glass filled Polycarbonate." Mine definitely isn't glass filled polycarbonate, so this must be an automatic upgrade. It all means that my ad is not entirely accurate, lol. D'oh! :P

angelopb
06-17-2010, 09:15 AM
Why are you selling? Is says in your signature line that you love your "concert fluke to pieces."

Your photos are better than FMM site's.
Shows the grain and design better and what it looks like in real life.

Aren't you suppossed to use a watermark saying "UU" or a piece of paper saying your name? (Looks good to me tho'.)

nscafe
06-17-2010, 10:14 AM
Someone needs to buy this great Fluke. I've already got this exact model and can vouch for its awesomeness. You know you want it!

Skitzic
06-17-2010, 11:58 AM
I would be all over this...but the money gods have been throwing poo in my general direction all month.

mds725
06-17-2010, 12:12 PM
I'd love to buy this ukulele, but I recently spent all my UAS money on a tenor flea.

FromTheWayside
06-17-2010, 05:31 PM
I'd love to buy this ukulele, but I recently spent all my UAS money on a tenor flea.

Excellent call! That's why I am selling this uke...to finance a tenor flea! Luckily for me, the uke just sold, so this thread can be locked. Thanks everyone!

Big_Fred
06-17-2010, 06:58 PM
I have this exact same model. Bought mine last December for much more and completely satisfied. Buy this one if you can. Great Uke.

honube
07-02-2010, 02:20 AM

Would you be interested in a 2 for 1 swap? I would consider trading my brand new Ohana CKP-70 Vita with a solid spruce top (listed as concert, but really a soprano scale) which I got from MGM in April of this year ($177), plus a Mainland Solid Mahogany Matte soprano which I got directly from Mainland as a "second" (supposedly scratches in the surface before the finish was applied......but I don't notice it) (cost me $150). Both of these ukes have great sound, but I need to thin my number of ukes and these I play somewhat less than my others. I could send each in a gig bag.
Your Fluke is the one version I have always wanted (I have a Flea and really love it too).

Let me know what you think.

FromTheWayside
07-02-2010, 08:09 AM
Would you be interested in a 2 for 1 swap? I would consider trading my brand new Ohana CKP-70 Vita with a solid spruce top (listed as concert, but really a soprano scale) which I got from MGM in April of this year ($177), plus a Mainland Solid Mahogany Matte soprano which I got directly from Mainland as a "second" (supposedly scratches in the surface before the finish was applied......but I don't notice it) (cost me $150). Both of these ukes have great sound, but I need to thin my number of ukes and these I play somewhat less than my others. I could send each in a gig bag.
Your Fluke is the one version I have always wanted (I have a Flea and really love it too).

Let me know what you think.

Thanks for the offer, but this uke has already been sold. Good luck in finding your dream uke. Happy strumming!