Southcoast ukes

Pukulele Pete

Reaction score
I just put a new set of strings on my Kiwaya KTS-4 .They came from a company called Southcoast Ukes.
I wasn't happy with the original strings and put on a set of Worth clears and they didnt do it for me.
I had heard of this company and checked it out and they sell their own strings. I ordered a set and boy am I happy. My Kiwaya now sounds the way I expected it to sound. Sounds great. Big difference.
Thanks.

Which of theri string sets did you get, and what kind of strings are they - nylon, flourocarbon, or ???

Are they bright in tone, loud, mellow?

Always interested in new strings!

I dont know if I can explain it but there wasn't alot of sound coming out with the Worths. The new strings from Seacoast give it a full, more low end, more sustain. For me it makes it sound the way I thought a Kiwaya would sound . The first two sets of strings on the Kiwaya didnt project or have the sound I expected. The new strings are great. Check their website. I got their medium gauge strings.

Last edited:
So is the company Southcoast, as in your original post, or Seacoast, as in your last reply? I'd like to check them out....

Sorry about that. Chaulk that up to old age? Any way the company name is Southcoast Ukes in Louisiana. If you go to their website there is a box in the lower right hand side which will lead you to the section on strings.

Nice Strings

check them out. Southcoastukes.com I got the medium gauge for my Kiwaya KTS-4 and it has never sounded better. Look for the box in the lower right hand corner of their webpage.

Thanks for the link and information. There is some interesting reading on tuning the ukulele too.

I am really impressed with their strings. I just ordered two more sets. I was a little disapointed with my Kiwaya's sound with the original strings. I tried Worth clears and they were not what I was looking for. Southcoast's strings did the trick ,It now sounds the way I expected it to. I hope this doesn't sound like an advertisement but I love the way my Kiwaya sounds now.

I think you should really do a review of the strings. BTW, I merged your two threads because of the subject matter.

Last edited:
I just tried a set of Southcoast strings medium on my Kanile'a concert and am <very> impressed. Clear separation between strings, lovely balance, really makes the Kanile'as natural rich sound into a balanced sound. So far, I like these better than the Worth Clears I was using, though those are not bad at all. The Southcoast strings feel very nice as well. My $.02.

You convinced me. I ordered a combination set which has both light, and medium sets for $12.00 including shipping. These strings are 30" so can do 2 sopranos each set. Sounds like a deal. ;)

Top Bottom