Toy Story Themed Ukulele!

ghostrdr

Reaction score
O.k., it's being marketed as a mini-guitar, but it's actually a uke. I saw it in Toys R Us and beat back the UAS.

I started to tune it to re-entrant tuning and it worked pretty well in the box. Here's one on sale at ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...fc121e1&itemid=350355228955&ff4=263602_263622

2qicrp4.jpg

Last edited:
My daughter banged on one of those first act "mini guitars" for years. It wasn't a toy story one, but it was the same one with no "theme". I bought that for her one Christmas when she was about 2 years old. She banged on that thing for years, and when she turned 11, she gave it to her 4 year old Neice (My grand daughter). Im not sure if my Neice didn't finially destroy or loose it, but that little thing is what my got my (now) 13 year old daughter playing the Guitar, and Uke. She has a Fender Strat now, and does pretty well, and plays my throw down Uke too. So, those things are great for getting kids playing something..

I think my 3 year old granddaughter needs this. She is all about Toy Story right now, and her dad plays guitar and Grandpa plays uke....

Sweet mother of Abraham Lincoln!

I want that uke.

JJ

There's a snake in my boots! (Wait, no there's not, I'm just dancing for joy because I want that uke...)

I rewatched the two films for the first time in years, a few months ago.
In the second film, in the scene where they show Woody all the merchandise from 'Woody's Roundup', you can see a ukulele a lot like this one in the background.

Also, I may be wrong, but in the episode they watch on the VHS tape, there's a part where Woody plays a "guitar", but it's actually a soprano size uke. I might be wrong though, it may just be a small guitar.

There definitely is a uke in the background in an earlier shot, though.

i may have to get one of these for my son! i was just looking at the toys r us website and they're version is $20. and it looks like it has geared tuners!! as long as it sounds good and my son can enjoy playing the uke on his own uke, i'll be happy.

i may have to get one of these for my son! i was just looking at the toys r us website and they're version is $20. and it looks like it has geared tuners!! as long as it sounds good and my son can enjoy playing the uke on his own uke, i'll be happy.

when I saw it in the store, the tuners worked and held pitch, though I can't remember if they were open geared or not. I think they were. The strings were obviously crap, but I could actually tune it and stretch the strings to proper pitch. I'm pretty sure that if you slapped some decent strings on this thing, it would play pretty well. (And the action at the nut was pretty normal, also).

I came very close to getting myself the Disney Princess version of this when I was buying my grandson's birthday present last week. It's all pink and flowery :)

Damnation! Why why why! I just had to be made aware of the existence of this. So I just had to see if maybe the Toys r Us near me had this in stock.

... I really want one! Are they wooden or plastic?

Yes.
The 19.99 one that I think might be a toys r us exclusive is all plastic. Neck has a zero fret. Decal design is a little cheezesque. Has stings that might work.
The 29.99 Howdy one seems to have a plastic neck and a wood body. Has thick rubbery strings.
I forget which one didn't have the markers on it. I think it might be the wood Woody.

Then I went to see what else was there and there was one of the Disney Princess ukes (all plastic) and some Spongebob ukes (wood body plastic neck).

Why did I have to do that? It couldn't be helped though. I did have to go get my car inspected and Toys R Us is right there pretty much behind the department of motor vehicles.

I've walked away without a purchase for now, I wanted to ponder my options. Plastic? Wood?

Top Bottom