Zooey Deschanel's electric uke

Aloha NatalieS,
I checked another song she made with a good picture of the head of her ukelele with the brand name, just zoom on your screen and you should
see it , Kinda blury but legiable. She and him'Gonna Get Along Without You Now' LIVE Koko (London) 7/5/2010.... You tube Just freeze it in the
first ten to fifteen seconds and you should see it. I hope it helps..... Keep um strings vibrating.....uke on!!!!

You guys are right, it's a K Wave, woohoo! That thing is so cool... I have no idea where to find one, given that they're not even listed on Kiwaya's official site or ebay. I'll start my search :) Many thanks again!

You guys are right, it's a K Wave, woohoo! That thing is so cool... I have no idea where to find one, given that they're not even listed on Kiwaya's official site or ebay. I'll start my search :) Many thanks again!

They're discontinued. You've just got to get lucky.

I was wondering, too! I was at the KOKO gig in London and it was cool to see her whip out the uke. Awesome gig. Making my way over to LA to see them again. :drool: Might take my Uke to see if I can get it signed, ya reckon? :cool:

Aw man, I'd give anything to meet Zooey. I'm big fan of hers (and an even bigger fan of her sister Emily). You two are lucky!

I've got that uke. I don't know why they discontinued it. Looks just like the Telecaster it's base on. Cool that Zooey and I have at least one thing in common! :)

I was lucky and found a nice K-Wave used on eBay. Mine is wine red with a black pick guard. I love it! Mine is strung in low G with Aquila strings. I haven't gotten an amp yet, but I'm very pleased with it unplugged. Nice tone, nice volume...nice uke.

You have to find them used, so keep an eye on eBay. Also, consider posting a "Wanted to buy" ad in the UU Marketplace. Good luck with your search!

I want a red one like nobody's business. Unfortunately money is tight right now so I'll just keep daydreaming about it haha.

I have a K-Wave but it's the Les Paul model. I've had it for two years. It's my main uke I perform with at my gigs and in my uke videos. It works well amplified but it can get very trebly or mid-rangey. Usually have to turn up the bass on the amp, and turn down the mids and highs. Works well with the Fender Can Amp though if I leave the tone rolled off.

Here's one I was looking into these myself before I decided to just have one made. Over on Trading Musician they have them too, but they're more expensive.

Hope that helps. :) Love you, Nat!

I was wondering about her uke as well! Just saw them at First Avenue in Minneapolis on Saturday. It was definitely fun to hear her play the uke after all I had heard/read about her playing the instrument. I remember being so dissapointed that she didn't play it on their first tour! Great show though - tons of energy and good vibes all around.

Aloha NatalieS,
FYI, check the new thread by Kissing....He has Mahalo Les Paul with some nice pictures, However i'm not familar with it...
Thread: Mahalo Les Paul came with big suprise (improved electronics) "keep um vibrating those strings" Uke On!!!!

Oh...my....goodness, you guys! I got the most wonderful message today from UU member Nuprin. He is Deaching me his red K-wave tele!!! I absolutely can't believe it, and am blown away by such generosity. I'm on the verge of tears, really. Wow.... gosh!

Oh...my....goodness, you guys! I got the most wonderful message today from UU member Nuprin. He is Deaching me his red K-wave tele!!! I absolutely can't believe it, and am blown away by such generosity. I'm on the verge of tears, really. Wow.... gosh!

Nuprin=5,000 rep points!

Top Bottom