Win a Kanile'a! Official Kanile'a/UU "Spread the Aloha" Ukulele Give-Away Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

anaka

Ukulele Underground Staff
Staff member
Reaction score
Win a Kanile'a! Official Kanile'a/UU "Spread the Aloha" Ukulele Give-Away Contest!

Hey UUers!

This one took awhile to get together, but it is finally here! Up for grabs is a one-of-a-kind, Kanile'a Tenor "Ukulele Underground" Ukulele!! *gasp*

Joe Souza over at Kanile'a was kind enough to take the time out of his hectic production schedule to create this one-off especially for UU ... and now it can be yours!

Here's how:
1. Play your ukulele and make a video for the contest
2. Upload your video to YouTube
3. Submit the link to your video below

Only one entry per contestant (so do your best!).
Contestants will be judged on creativity, originality, and how they "Spread the Aloha" using their ukulele.

First place wins a brand new Ukulele Underground-branded Kanile'a Tenor Ukulele (+ case). Second and third place winners receive Kanile'a T-shirts!

Last day to enter is June 30th, 2010.

Looking forward to seeing all of the creative and wonderful ways you guys come up with to "Spread the Aloha" using the ukulele! Have fun & good luck!

*Edit* This contest is now closed. A big MAHALO to everyone who entered! The judges are still looking through all of the videos and the winner of this beautiful ukulele will be announced shortly. :D

Sneek Peek Photos (See Attached)! courtesy of Heather Toshiko Photography

Attachments

• UUKanilea2..jpg
    UUKanilea2..jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 220
  • UUKanilea3..jpg
    UUKanilea3..jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 173
  • UUKanilea1..jpg
    UUKanilea1..jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
I'M SO DOWN. Any upload? just gotta spread the aloha and that's it? Cake :]

Spread the Aloha? Im little confused with that part :/

This one is totally up to your interpretation - we wanted everyone to really get creative with this contest, so there really are no guidelines for how you go about Spreading the Aloha. As for an explanation of the "Aloha Spirit" - it's basically a positive attitude or frame of mind. It includes sharing, caring for others, helping, being kind, cooperating, and solving problems harmoniously. In Hawaiian, the word "Aloha" can be a greeting or salutation such as "hello" or "goodbye" - but it can also mean love, affection, compassion, mercy, sympathy, pity, kindness, sentiment, grace, charity, or consideration.

So it's totally up to you! Can't wait to see what you come up with :D

is an AussieUkeGirl allowed to enter?

can people who live in Australia enter too? please reply :(

Yup! All of our contests are open to anyone. This one, especially - we'd love to see how you spread the Aloha Spirit where ever you are in the world!

I hope I am not the only one here who read "spread aloha" and chuckled. I swear, I laughed every time Aldrine said it in the film. Where's the outtakes for the intro film? :p Haven't heard that phrase used in a looooong time...can't even find it on urban dictionary...good times....

Well, good luck to everyone who enters the contest. That's a beautiful uke!

I might enter this... not gonna sing if I do. Singing and playing doesn't work to well for me. That uke is nice.

This is an awesome uke. I have the exact one and it is my baby. The sound monster. Whoever wins this is going to fall in love with a really great and awesome ukulele. Good luck!

Your all so going down. :)

Me and about 10+ 90 year old women I play the uke with at the retirement center are going to throw down with some "drop baby drop" in falsetto.

Wow, I've never entered a contest before but I think I just might have to the prize is too sweet to pass up!! Good luck everyone!

Your all so going down. :)

Me and about 10+ 90 year old women I play the uke with at the retirement center are going to throw down with some "drop baby drop" in falsetto.
ahh mannnn... I was also going to play with some of the people at the nursing home I volunteer at.. it's ok though I think I've got another idea that'll work.

What a killer prize! Spreading aloha with a uke and being competitive against other ukers strikes me as a paradox. Don't you think?

But I think I have a better chance at the former. I may have to give this a shot. But my chops are not that great :(

I just need to know a few things:

1. Can it be instumental?
2. Can we do covers?
3. Is the uke constructed with "Total Resonance Ukulele" cantelevered bracing?

Oh! Okay I got it now, "Aloha" I only thought this was just in translation hello and goodbye, I was thinking "that kind of narrows things by alot" But yeah I get it, i'll just use one of those words you listed Anaka, and convert it into something mind-blowing (hopefully) Good Luck to everybody who's thinking about participating

I have to say this contest prize is something you dont want to skip - One Super Ukulele? Oh Yes Plaaayze! :shaka:

I hope I am not the only one here who read "spread aloha" and chuckled. I swear, I laughed every time Aldrine said it in the film. Where's the outtakes for the intro film? :p Haven't heard that phrase used in a looooong time...can't even find it on urban dictionary...good times....

Well, good luck to everyone who enters the contest. That's a beautiful uke!

You are not alone xD

The last time I heard it was in the commercial "spread a little aloha around the wooooorrllld"

I can do this! I have this entire time on break, I'll figure something out.....

Last edited:
What a killer prize! Spreading aloha with a uke and being competitive against other ukers strikes me as a paradox. Don't you think?

This was definitely a dilemma when we were brainstorming the concept for this contest, but the mission of Kanile`a has always been to "Spread Aloha through Music," which we really wanted to incorporate and praise people for. So if you are using your ukulele to put good out into the world, what ever your aspirations may be, the end result of "Spreading Aloha" is all that should really matter, right?

I just need to know a few things:
1. Can it be instumental?
2. Can we do covers?
3. Is the uke constructed with "Total Resonance Ukulele" cantelevered bracing?

1. Sure! 2. Of course! 3. Yup. The TRU bracing system is a standard practice on [almost] all Kanile'a ukuleles. If you can find a Kanile'a without it, you've probably got yourself a super-custom or a relic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom