Collings Ukes from Austin - Anyone know about them?

boundless

Reaction score
I've been seeing ads in Facebook for the Collins Ukulele manufacturer in Austin, Texas.

Being one of my favorite towns in the world, I'm there at least a few times a year (but until the current hot season passes, I'm not likely to make an appearance...)

The ukes at the site look beautiful, but I'm wondering if anyone has ever had any experience playing one.

http://www.collingsguitars.com/ukuleles.html

Bob

Last edited:
Proof positive that Austin, TX is made of magic.

Proof positive that Austin, TX is made of magic.

I was born just outside of Austin, in Georgetown. Haven't been to Austin since I was about 7 though, even though I grew up near Houston, until we moved to Wyoming when I was 14... BIG change! I was pretty sure I was just going to freeze to DEATH that first winter in Casper!

My wife and I have talked about taking a vacation to Austin or San Antonio (or both) someday. Knowing that these are made there kind of sways me towards Austin. Not that I could afford one... They sure look nice though!

all of the Collings ukes and guitars I've played were top notch instruments. The ukes I played look and sound great. couldn't find anything I didn't like about them.

Top Bottom