New Baritone Uke!

drcmusic7

Reaction score
I just acquired a baritone ukulele by Canadian luthier David Webber and wanted to share some pictures. I have a few of his guitars (Yes, I am a guitar player) and can't say enough good things about him.

This is my second Ukulele, I bought my first in April and haven't been able to put it down. So, I now own a Laurie Williams Tenor Uke and a David Webber Baritone uke.

Here are the pics....
IMG_1731.jpg

IMG_1729.jpg

IMG_1725.jpg

IMG_1727.jpg

Kindly,
Danny

P.S. Can anyone recommend some good music to pick up with baritone uke?

Last edited:
That is extremely nice - it it a custom? If so, did you deal with him directly in Vancouver, or through a dealer?

Wonderful... just wonderful.

As for music, you can play anything - Ive never seen baritone specific books, but it's just guitar chords so any book works. It's about as versitile as it gets. Pop a capo on the 5th fret and you even have a low G uke sound.

I just acquired a baritone ukulele by Canadian luthier David Webber...
VERY nice! Can you please post his contact infor or Web site URL? I might want to chat with him.

Meanwhile - anything you can play on a tenor-soprano, you can play on a baritone. You don't need any extra song sheets.

Thanks, guys! Davids website is www.webberguitars.com. He's a really talented guy and i'm proud to own a few of his guitars too. This wasn't a custom build but i'm sure he could do it if you're interested.

Kindly,
Danny

Oh, yes! That's a gorgeous instrument! :) His guitars are not cheap, so do you mind me asking what one of his ukes costs?

You can play just about anything on a bari. It's usually tuned DGBE, same as the top 4 strings on a guitar. But the notes are relative to GCEA tuning, so anything in that works, too.

If you're into fingerpicking, try this:

http://baritoneukulelehunt.com/

Another great site is tri-tabs. Arrangements are in the top 3 strings, so they work whether they're hi/lo g and in any tuning. Just add 4th string notes whenever you feel like it. :)

http://www.microshare.net/tri-tabs/

Thanks again, everyone! Thanks for the links for the music too. I actually was wondering if you had an audio recordings to recommend though. Sorry I should have been more clear on that.

Itsme, I think his Uke's around the same price of other bari's I checked out.

Kindly,
Danny

Beautiful uke!!! Congrats! What type of wood is on the sides and back?

Thanks, Molokinirum! The back and sides, binding, and headstock plate are Koa and the top is Engelmann spruce top.

Kindly,
Danny

Aloha DRCmusic7,
Congrats Danny, Beautiful ukulele, It looks like it has a bright and rich sound as well. Thanks for the PIc's
By the way, I never heard of a Laurie Williams tenor, can you tell me anything about it and pic's if you have will be appriciated.
"Keep on vibrating those strings" Uke On!!!

Thanks, Kevin!

MM Stan, Laurie Williams is a builder in New Zealand. Here's a link to his website, www.guitars.co.nz. He builds using ancient Kauri which is estimated to be around 30,000 years old. I've been told it's the oldest workable timber in the world. It's pretty amazing.

Here are few pictures of it...
IMG_1530.jpg

IMG_1533.jpg

IMG_1532.jpg

IMG_1537.jpg

Kindly,
Danny

Aloha Danny,
Thanks for the Pic's of your Laurie Williams ukulele. I think it's beautiful and it looks custom, It's awesome...and must cost you a pretty much!!!Everywhere on the uke I can notice premium materials....From the curled headstock with the gold tunersto the old world timber soundboard
with abalond rosette and I'm not sure of the beautiful binding. As if that were all I see the backand sides with that heavly curled dark beautiful
wood with the stringer in the middle. It Screams WOW!!!With that larger sound hole and larger lower bout it must be well balanced sound,
crisp and bright highs and deep rich bassy tones. Sooo Jealous.....out of the two you showed us, I think it's the winner...They are alot of
talented luthiers in New Zealand using Old world timber, which has a tighter straighter grain. Another one you can check is four posts down
from yours...Whetu.. look on his thread he list I think Captain Ukulele and his website and another awesome builder with good prices and
old world timber also nice woods such red cedar walnnut etc. for a reasonable price. I have a post too, extrodinary sounding ukuleles, wouldn't
mind or any other premium one that you may have. I would appriciate it very much. "Keep them strings vibrating" Uke ON!......MM Stan

mind
if you add this one or you have other premium one.

Top Bottom