My Collings came today...

ukeonthebeach

Reaction score
Finally. I ordered it last November from Elderly instruments, and it came today.

I absolutely LOVE it. It sounds and plays amazing. Well worth the wait. I think I may have a new favorite. I have many fine ukes, but this one is brilliant.

Edits:
Sorry for the delay. Here a few pics.. it's even nicer in person and sounds phenomenal. It is a UT-1. This is my first Mahogany uke. My KoAlohas, Koolau, and Kanilea are all koa. It is so light and I love the hog! Great tonewood. I have some hog guitars and I shouldn't have waited so long to get a hog uke. :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
must be my browser, but the pics aren't painting up...

Here's one for the human who has everything.

http://www.acousticmusicworks.com/UT3M275.html
Ackkk! Why did you do that to me? That is one pretty uke... in BLUE!! I love the "haircut" head stock shape. I would find it hard to pass that one up. Looks like a tenor, and I am looking for concerts and long neck sopranos. I don't suppose they make it in those sizes...?
–Lori

I don't suppose they make it in those sizes...?

Hi

I'm pretty sure that Collings will accept a custom order. And Collings (guitar) is one of the most consistent builders out there. I haven't met a dud (guitar) from Collings in fifteen years. So I wouldn't hestitate custom-ordering one, provided I can afford it.

Cheers
Chief

I have to agree . . .

withoutpics.gif

I have several collings is stock including a archtop and tenor koa. Collings cannot be listed on ebay so you need to email for pics. They are great ukuleles i wish yourpictures would post

I think the UC-1 concert koa Collings is my next most coveted uke... or go crazy and maybe the 1929 Santa Cruz concert uke...
More than a thousand bucks is a lotta bucks though...

Last edited:
Top Bottom