PDA

View Full Version : Curing the Post-UWC blues

kilaana
06-10-2010, 10:50 AM
Hey fellow UWC'ers... are you, like me, feeling just a little down having to return to the real world after such an AMAZING weekend? Well, do what I did... buy another uke! (I actually planned for this in advance, and my new toy is currently "out for delivery" according to UPS.) Pictures to follow after it arrives!

beeejums
06-10-2010, 02:08 PM
I really wish I could... Rel-Bar offered to sell me his T.V. Pal, but I just didn't have the money (in the middle of a move)

ukeeku
06-10-2010, 04:08 PM
I am bummed because I did not buy the David Gill that I saw at his house. May have to just go and get it some time soon.

kilaana
06-10-2010, 04:53 PM
Ta dum! Presenting the Koa Eleuke! I could just sit and look at all night long. No, wait... must go play more. Post-UWC blues have been cured! (And thanks to Mim for the great service!)

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4036/4689911420_2cd680f35d.jpg

MoreUke
06-10-2010, 06:13 PM
Oh Kilanna do you do any jamming up in Indianapolis area? I've been wanting to try a Eleuke to plug in my earbuds and see if the electronics provide enough amplification for me to be able to hear without an auxilary amplification. I was hoping to see one at the UWC. But alas ... acoustic was everywhere.

oldrookie
06-11-2010, 01:19 AM
I'm obviously not Kilanna (beautiful Eleuke, by the way) but I have a Stagg solid body electric. The ear buds seem to have plenty of volume and I suspect the electronics are pretty similar.

Out in the western 'burbs of Indy if you want to hear one at some point.

kilaana
06-11-2010, 02:07 AM
Oh Kilanna do you do any jamming up in Indianapolis area? I've been wanting to try a Eleuke to plug in my earbuds and see if the electronics provide enough amplification for me to be able to hear without an auxilary amplification. I was hoping to see one at the UWC. But alas ... acoustic was everywhere.

The Eleuke has pretty decent volume through the earbuds, too. I'd say pretty similar to my MP3 player with earbuds. You're welcome to try it out if we can find a good place/time to meet. I'm on the NW side of Indy. I find the volume gets even better when I plug it into my old Fender Reverb amp and crank it up to 10... or 11... or whatever. (Havin' fun with the new toy!!) :)

eleukeusa
06-11-2010, 04:32 AM
Ta dum! Presenting the Koa Eleuke! I could just sit and look at all night long. No, wait... must go play more. Post-UWC blues have been cured! (And thanks to Mim for the great service!)
Looks great! I'm glad it found a good home. Let me know if you put any videos or anything up of it and we'll put them on our site! (http://www.eleukeusa.com/videos.html) Congrats.

AzMichael
06-11-2010, 05:53 AM
Congrats Kilaana! Now we know where 2 of the 3 from Mim went. And while I'm at it...THANKS MIM!!!

I was suffering from Not-Going-To-The-UWC-Blues :(, so I picked up a couple new toys. Here's a quick picture of the Eleuke...

I'll be putting a set of low G Worth strings on it, and a little bling :cool:, before I post a review.

Enjoy Kilaana!

~Michael