Get Ohana to make an SK-35G with concert neck!!

casarole45

Reaction score
Well I kinda really regret selling my Ohana SK-35G, she was awesome, with a lush tone but in the compact size of a soprano, but I remember why, I wanted a concert neck, I wanted more frets with a tad more spacing, and in theory improved intonation.... concerts just right (I've experimented with tenors and find the fret scale too big for my stubby fingers when trying to emulate for example Jake S. who has a good classical reach, I also find them a tad big for my transportation desires... personal preference of course).

I would really really love to see them make an SK-35G with a concert neck. All the advantages of a soprano... small/portable and still fits in a soprano case, keeps that great tone that the SK-35G and they look pretty nice to with gloss finish and all the trimmings but with a concert neck to open up more notes.

Yep I've already got a concert neck Koaloha soprano which is great, but I would love a Mahog also being my favourite tonewood and in an Ohana being my first and favorite uke love =D

Anyone else like to see one of these?

Last edited:
Well I kinda really regret selling my Ohana SK-35G, she was awesome, with a lush tone but in the compact size of a soprano, but I remember why, I wanted a concert neck, I wanted more frets with a tad more spacing, and in theory improved intonation.... concerts just right (I've experimented with tenors and find the fret scale too big for my stubby fingers when trying to emulate for example Jake S. who has a good classical reach, I also find them a tad big for my transportation desires... personal preference of course).

I would really really love to see them make an SK-35G with a concert neck. All the advantages of a soprano... small/portable and still fits in a soprano case, keeps that great tone that the SK-35G and they look pretty nice to with gloss finish and all the trimmings but with a concert neck to open up more notes.

Yep I've already got a concert neck Koaloha soprano which is great, but I would love a Mahog also being my favourite tonewood and in an Ohana being my first and favorite uke love =D

Anyone else like to see one of these?

What's wrong with our SK-30L? I think it is a great ukulele and it is available now. It is all-solid mahogany in construction. Unlike the SK-35G it doesn't have a gloss finish, but the matt finish is very popular at the moment. The only other difference is the 30 series have a more antique look about them because they of the off white body binding. The 35 series have rosewood binding and have a more modern look.

Long-neck ukuleles are great, but they are obviously nowhere near as popular as regular ones. This is why we only do one in this size. By the way, think of this as a concert instrument with a small body rather than a soprano with a long neck.

We also do a concert-sized body with a tenor neck (CK-35L). This is a 35 series uke.

Check our website for more information:

http://www.ohana-music.com/unique.html

Hope this helps.

Re. the sk-30L.
yep, thats a great uke and good price, something I'd definately buy if the neck scale was concert but I'm not a fan of tenor scale necks as it would have to go in a concert size case which loses the compactability of the soprano size (concert neck soproanos fit in soprano cases usually) and I think I would struggle to do a lot to do the strectches I'm doing now on my concert neck ukes (seriously my glove size is Kids XXL or something =D ).

Would that be a "super soprano" or a "concernino"?

Re. the sk-30L.
yep, thats a great uke and good price, something I'd definately buy if the neck scale was concert but I'm not a fan of tenor scale necks as it would have to go in a concert size case which loses the compactability of the soprano size (concert neck soproanos fit in soprano cases usually) and I think I would struggle to do a lot to do the strectches I'm doing now on my concert neck ukes (seriously my glove size is Kids XXL or something =D ).

I think Ken was saying it is a concert scale Quote "think of this as a concert instrument with a small body"

see?

nah, the sk-30l is a tenor scale so it says on the Ohana site.

That beansprout is cool, wooden saddle is interesting something I've never seen or heard before.

nah, the sk-30l is a tenor scale so it says on the Ohana site.

Yeah, it's tenor scale. I did really well scoring one of these on ebay before Christmas. It's an incredible instrument. But like casarole45, I favor a concert neck.
I gave this to my husband for Christmas and saw that he had this out yesterday. So I picked it up, loved all over it again. But still wished it had a concert neck instead of tenor. Though I think if it did, I might not have given it as a gift and it might have been part of my collection. Spectacular instrument, just not for me.

Top Bottom