Song Help Request Edwin McCain - I'll be?

pakiboy949

Reaction score
Hey guys, has anybody seen a transcription of i'll be by Edwin McCain on the uke? I kinda figured it wouldn't exist because it's done in a deeper sound.

If you can sing that song I give you props! I think that song is in B. hmmm that might be a little high for the uke.

If you can sing that song I give you props! I think that song is in B. hmmm that might be a little high for the uke.

I was 100 pts shy of a perfect score on Karaoke Revolution with this song. :p

I'll Be MP3

just transpose it down to A and it might even be easier to sing.

We used to play this song in my rock band and my singer could really nail it. I tried to do an acoustic version of it but I could never sing it. Parts of it were just way out of my range. This thread got me thinking about it and Nuke is right that playing it with the A shape on an uke with a low 4th is the way to go. However, in order for me to even attempt to sing it I had to tune down to Bb.

I took a crack at a down and dirty recording of it tonight just to see what it would sound like. I ran out of breath on the bridge and had to punch it back in and it's really obvious because of the pop. I missed the zero crossing I guess. Eventually, I will get some basic tabs put together for the progression. I'm just using what's referred to as "Travis Picking" with some minor differences here and there.

I'll BE MP3

I have worked on something for this song and hopefully made it worth post. Low G tuning.
Code:
A |
E |
C |
G |
--------------2-----6-----------7--------6-----------------7--------6-----------
--------------------------7--------7-----------7--------------7-----------7-----
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--4--------------------------------------------------4--------------------------

7-------|
--------|
--------|
--------|

--------------2-----4--2-----7-----------------------------7--------------------
-----------------------------------7-----9-----------------------7-----9--------
-----------------------------------------------9-----------------------------9--
--2--------------------------------------------------2--------------------------

---7-------------|
-----------------|
-----------------|
-----------------|

--------2-----6-----------7--------6-----------------2-----6-----7--------------
--------------------------------7--------------------------------------7--------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--4--------------------------------------------4--------------------------------

---------2-----7-----------7-----7-----------------2-----7-----------7----------
---0-----------------------------7-----------0----------------------------------

---|
---|
---|
---|

-----2--6-----7-----------2--6-----7--------------4-----9--------2--------7-----
-----------------7--------------------7--------2--------------------4-----------
--4--------------------4--------------------3-----------------1-----------------

--|-----2--6-----7--------------4--9--------2-----7--------------4--9-------|
--|-----------------7--------2-----------------4--------------2-------------|
--|-------------------------------------------------------------------------|
--|--4--------------------3--------------1--------------3-------------------|

--------2-----6-----------7--------6-----------------------2-----6-----------7--
--------------------------------7-----------------------------------------------
--4--------------------------------------------4--------------------------------

---6-----------------------4-----9-----------------------------4-----9----------
---7-----------------2-----------------9-----------------2-----------------9----
---------------3-----------------------------------3----------------------------

---|
---|
---|
---|

--------2-----------7-----------------------2-----------7-----------------------
--------------4-----------7-----------------------4-----------7-----------------
--1-----------------------------------1-----------------------------------------

------1--7-----------------------------------------------------1-----7-------|
2--------------------7-----------6-----------------2-------------------------|
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------|

--------------2-----------6-----------------------2-----6-----------------------
--------4-----------------------------------4-----------------------------------
--1-----------------------------------1-----------------------------------------

------1-----------9--------------------------------1-----------9-------------|
2--------------------9-----------------2-------------------------------------|

--------------7----------|
--------0--4-----7-------|
--------------------8----|
-------------------------|

--------2-----6--------------2--6-----------1-----9-----------------1-----9----|
-----4--------------------4--------------2-----------9--------2----------------|
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
--1-----------------1----------------------------------------------------------|

-----------7----------|
-----0--4-----7-------|
-----------------8----|
----------------------|

--------------0-----------7-----------0-----------------------0-----------7-----
--------0-----------------------7-----------------------0-----------------------
--2-----------------------------------------------2-----------------------------

---0-----------------------1-----------7-----------------------------1----------
7--------------------2-----------------------7-----------------2----------------

-7-------||
---------||
---------||
---------||

I'll Be- by Edwin Mcain

post the tabs if you have them! thanks so much. any help would be appreciated

Is this a big song over the pond because I'm not familiar with it here? I'm just astounded at the number of viewings.

It's a big song, it was in a lot of American movies and TV during the 90s.

Top Bottom