UPS Tracking Numbers Are The Devil!

philthy

Reaction score
just sitting here waiting for my new mainland mahogany concert ukulele and i keep torturing myself by looking at the tracking number...yep, it's still in illinois...a long way from southern california. SERENITY NOW!

Oh, boy...Now you gotta wait over the LONG weekend. It's really not long, just when you're waiting for mail.

Oh man, I do the same thing all the time. It's especially bad whenever I've got classes. I'll wake up, check the website, go to class, sneak to the bathroom and check it on my phone, then I'll check it again whenever I get out of class. Sometimes I'll "take a break" from doing homework because I don't want to miss an update to my package. The mail center at my university gets annoyed with me sometimes because they put the notifications for packages in our mailboxes at 4 PM every day, but I'm always there early if the UPS website says my package has already been delivered. :) That little tracking feature is both a blessing and a curse, I guess. :)

just sitting here waiting for my new mainland mahogany concert ukulele and i keep torturing myself by looking at the tracking number...yep, it's still in illinois...a long way from southern california. SERENITY NOW!

i definitely know the feeling. i have bought many things from many people and anytime someone sends the goods by UPS, it always takes longer than they state. we have to deal with UPS at work and their tracking is almost the worst. at least they are good at customer service when they lose packages.

Last edited:
It seems like that Friday/Weekend UPS phenomenon always happens to me.
Well, your uke will be safely waiting at your local UPS hub and you will have a great Monday. LOL!

Last edited:
I can relate, I ordered my Makai sprucetop tenor right before the Memorial Day weekend! Seemed like forever before it got here, but actually it was MGM's usual fantastic service. Definetly worth the wait.

not to get your hopes up, but I've gotten a couple ukes from UPS when the tracking says it's still in Texas. FedEx seems to be much better at updating theirs. I'm sure it will come on Monday, but maybe there's still a chance. I know, I hate me now for even mentioning this. Should I just delete it and walk away??? Meh...

not to get your hopes up, but I've gotten a couple ukes from UPS when the tracking says it's still in Texas. FedEx seems to be much better at updating theirs. I'm sure it will come on Monday, but maybe there's still a chance. I know, I hate me now for even mentioning this. Should I just delete it and walk away??? Meh...

Agree.. their tracking #'s are crap...

UPS tracking has always pretty accurate for me, USPS on the other hand sucks big time. Their tracking never updates until a few days after you received your package then suddenly it shows all the stops it made. Pretty useless really.

I make it a point to always order things on a Sunday night to avoid having to wait over the weekend for something. Everything usually gets to me by Friday.

UPS period is the devil. I rarely use them, unless there is no other choice. I am not even going to jack this thread by going into horror stories I have had with UPS.

I know just how you feel. I went through this TWICE with my Mainland Pineapple (a story there, but that's for another time). What I can never figure out is how it can get to Denver on Thursday and then not get to the other side of Colorado until late Friday night (according to the tracking). Do they have to take it over the Rockies by mule train??? I can drive from here to Denver in 5 hours or so. Sheesh!

Yeah, I wind up checking delivery numbers. Especially if I'm at work where we use UPS anyway so the site's already there on the desktop.

I've been deciding different acronyms that UPS is for me: Ukuleles Please Send, Ukulele Pretty Soon, Ukulele Present (for) Samantha.
Of course you could be reading these and thinking "Ugh, Please Sister."

I switched from upsground to 2nd day air for all ups shipments except large orders odf cases and the delivery date seems to be very accurate mail monday arrive wednesday ship tuesday arrive thursday ship wednesday arrive friday ship thursday arrive monday ship friday ariive tuesday makes life simple

Top Bottom