New Kanile'a Tenor

koalition

Reaction score
Jus got back from da aina fo some ohana bizness, an wen bring my Kanile'a K-1 C to play at my wife's tutu's funeral. Anywho, my concert had a "buzz" on da C string weneva I press. I wen try all da tricks fo get da buzz out, but NUTTIN! Bugga still buzz! So a trip to da factory in Kaneohe was doubly mandatory ( I awreddy wuz going go fo wala'au wit bruddah Joe, an stare at all da new ukes an inhale all dat koa wood goodness in da factory!). I told Joe da problem, an he awreddy knew wat an how to fix my bebe! Seems to have been a common problem wit dat certain model, so afta one hybolical discussion on wat needed to be done, we settled fo raising da action. Meanwhile, I stay staring at da wall of new ukes he has hanging on da wall in da "office" while we stay yau-yau, an one satin finish tenor stay eyeballin' me back! I tell Joe "Eh! Das one nice tenor", so he pick em' off da wall, tune em' real quick, an da bugga start hypnotizing me into saying "I like buy em!" Long story short, I went back da next day fo pick up my "no buzz" concert, an my new "natro buzz" tenor!
x6h5rm.jpg

98a7i1.jpg

Congrats on the new tenor! And I like the second picture-- haha

K, reading that made my brain hurt but grats on the new Kanile'a. I love the sound of my K1T, I imagine it's what the angels harps sound like.

lovely ukulele, but that was way hard to read!

Is it weird that I live almost completely around the world from you but, other than a few hawai'ian words, I understood that perfectly?

I have no idea why... weird.

I'm curious. Does anyone know how the prices at the factory compare to buying them at a store. I noticed a few people here have wondered into the Koaloha and Kanilea factories and have walked out with new ukes. To me, it seems like your best deal would be to get it from the factory but perhaps they don't want to undermine their sellers so they keep the prices up?? I know people get touchy when they are asked how much they spend on their instruments but a general ballpark would be good. I live on Kauai and if getting a good deal means jumping on a plane to Oahu and going straight to Kaneohe for a concert uke, I could always call in sick to work tomorrow. Ha!!

Nice uke by the way. Score!

Eh, samatta wit choo, you mada not going scold you fo' wearing da same clothes again da nex day?

Oops, sorry aeh, I wuz suppos'd to be looking at da ukes, no?

Congrats, Brah,

keep uke'in',

Ho braddah you wen buzz yo' hea too eh! Nice skoa on da tenah. I was talkin story wit Joe one day and turn out he grew up same neighborhood wit me, and I went skoo wit his older sis and braddah, small world. Still tryin fo' talk him into making me one pineapple. :cool:

How did they raise the action?

Eh, samatta wit choo, you mada not going scold you fo' wearing da same clothes again da nex day?

Oops, sorry aeh, I wuz suppos'd to be looking at da ukes, no?

Congrats, Brah,

keep uke'in',
Ho Unks! Das wuz same day action wen I wen pick up both ukes! Heh! I wen pick out da tenor from da wall an Bruddah Joe wen prep da bugga fo pick up da nex day, same time as my concert! Besides, I only wea bebadeez 2 daze in a row! Hah! BTW Unks, you know one guy name Glenn Tolentino up in yo neck of da woods by chance? (Bryan Tolentino's younga bruddah)

How did they raise the action?
Replace an adjusted da saddle. I preferred dis solution rather dan install a wound C string, which would cause a guitar string style "zzzzz" sound on slides, an also wear on nut, fret, an saddle. All work covered unda da lifetime warranty.

I'm curious. Does anyone know how the prices at the factory compare to buying them at a store. I noticed a few people here have wondered into the Koaloha and Kanilea factories and have walked out with new ukes. To me, it seems like your best deal would be to get it from the factory but perhaps they don't want to undermine their sellers so they keep the prices up?? I know people get touchy when they are asked how much they spend on their instruments but a general ballpark would be good. I live on Kauai and if getting a good deal means jumping on a plane to Oahu and going straight to Kaneohe for a concert uke, I could always call in sick to work tomorrow. Ha!!

Nice uke by the way. Score!
I always tend to buy DIRECT from da man it it's just as convenient as buying from da retailer. Besides, u get to actually be on premises of where da uke was born, an be da first one to carry yo new baby out of da factory! It's da total experience! Jump on dat plane brah!

Replace an adjusted da saddle. I preferred dis solution rather dan install a wound C string, which would cause a guitar string style "zzzzz" sound on slides, an also wear on nut, fret, an saddle. All work covered unda da lifetime warranty.

Nice! Can't beat that for service!

Top Bottom