Solid body Fluke

Link

Reaction score
About a week ago I posted about my dream come true - they have released a Flea with a tenor neck.
Well the dream that I usually have right after that includes this:

http://www.fleamarketmusic.com/store/Scripts/prodView.asp?idProduct=253

Solid body Fluke! I did a search and didn't see any topics on it. Does anyone have one? How is it? This, to me, seems like the perfect gigging uke. You could beat it up a little more and not feel bad because Flukes are made for it. But anyways... really wondering how this bad boy sounds.

Oh hell! I'm in trouble. :iwant:

Regards,
Ray

I played the original Solid body Fluke in New York over twoyears ago Dale ar Flera market has been perfecting it and now has finally come up with his final designs featuring some unusual native hardwoods to his area of the USA. My order of them arrives about the third week in July Great B Band electronics in the ukulele

Dang...thought I had UAS under control. I really like the design of these...the little curve at the tail end makes it look...I don't know...kinda spacey. Definitely digging it.

Yow! That does look nice! I may have to save up some green for one of them.:smileybounce:

I just wish I could find a Fluke full stop in the UK - acoustic or solid....

My order of them arrives about the third week in July Great B Band electronics in the ukulele
Any idea of your price on these, Mike?

Would really like to hear from any member who has played the SB and can give some comments on how it feels, the quality of the electronics, intonation, etc.

Would really like to hear from any member who has played the SB and can give some comments on how it feels, the quality of the electronics, intonation, etc.

I received a walnut tenor sb fluke last week. It feels and sounds very good. Dale has not finalized the leather strap included. He has been working hard to get it right and it's not there yet, so it's a little tricky to hold and play without a strap. The B-Band electronics are excellent. I like the sound much more than the Kala Shadow pickup. As a matter of fact, I just traded the Kala F-hole tenor for a Republic resophonic.
I had some time to play around with amp settings today and will put a video up some time Thursday with a variety of playing (strumming, sing note, chord melody, etc) and various amp settings.
I'm taking a bus trip from Baltimore to the Martin Guitar Factory in Nazareth, PA tomorrow. I've never been and I'm psyched. Stay tuned for video on Thursday.
Regards,
Ray

I received a walnut tenor sb fluke last week.
Look forward to the video.
I wonder if the woods offer anything more than aesthetic appeal? On solid-body electric guitars, the density of the wood contributes to the sustain, but with nylon strings, the energy in the string is much less, so I'm not sure the wood contributes that much to the sound. My first choice would be the butternut, but both maple and walnut are nice, too.

Did you get the geared pegheads, or the standard?

Can you compare it to an Eleuke for sound and playability?

Look forward to the video.
I wonder if the woods offer anything more than aesthetic appeal? On solid-body electric guitars, the density of the wood contributes to the sustain, but with nylon strings, the energy in the string is much less, so I'm not sure the wood contributes that much to the sound. My first choice would be the butternut, but both maple and walnut are nice, too.

Did you get the geared pegheads, or the standard?

Can you compare it to an Eleuke for sound and playability?

I did not get the Peghed tuners, but I did upgrade to the Grover 4B. I cannot compare it to the Eleuke. I've never had the opportunity to get my hands on one.
Regards,
Ray

Okay, here is a short sample. Sorry it took so long. I ended up cutting the lawn yesterday and had a few lessons to teach. I'm playing through a Yorkville AM100 acoustic amp. I'm not using any reverb. A little reverb goes a long way in my book and the amp presets aren't that great. Amplified playing takes time to develop and fortunately I have some time to do just that. I'm also looking forward to Dale deciding on selecting and sending me the strap.
In my opinion, the B Band electronics are an improvement over the Shadow pickup in the Kala F hole. I find it much easier to get closer to the sound I'm looking for with the B-Band.
Regards,
Ray

Sounds nice! Song of the Islands always makes me think of the honeymoon scene in It's a Wonderful Life.

Ooo! Sounds nice. Of course, the amp does 90% of it, but the B-band electronics seem very nice and reproduce the sound quite well.

Now just need to find out what MGM is selling them for...

I think this is my next uke... I've been hemming and hawing, waiting to see what else Risa developed this fall, but this design really appeals to me. And some of the wood I've seen is very pretty.

Top Bottom