Eleuke questions

thatguywiththeukulele

Reaction score
im receiving an eleuke soon...and i was just wondering are the strings good? i ordered it from Cecilias music and it says it comes with Aquilas but the strings in the photo look black..anything else i should worry about?

Aloha Thatguywiththeuke,
Congrats on the purchase, soo jealous....by the way, what is that in thr right side of your pic's...heart shaped with the holes, a pick I assume???
"Keep um strings vibrating" Uke On!!! MM Stan....

It appears to be a shark tooth made into a pick, or maybe a pick made to look like a shark tooth? The holes, who knows, maybe to aid in cooling for those really fast and intensive strummers? lol

Eleukes now ALL come with Aquilas... which is GREAT!!!

I bought my first Eleuke used and it had worth browns on them. I highly prefer the Aquilas for an electric ukulele. Now, I sell Eleukes in-store and ALL my Eleukes have Aquilas on there. What model did you get? And let us know how you like it when you get it! So excited for you!

i got the jazz cutaway concert...and in my banner it is not a pick! its an ocarina its a flute like instrument and is my main instrument

The sharktooth thing is an ocarina.....you should check out his videos, they are ace!

n.b. the tuning pegs on the Harmony/Silvertone ukes made in the 50's and 60's are known as SHARKTOOTH pegs....let me find a pic':
180U-934_headstock-back.jpg

I don't have an Eleuke but I do have a Stagg EUK-L electric ukulele. I've tried Worth, Aquila and the standard GHS strings and they all sound pretty much the same so you can just use whatever strings feel good to you. I have Aquilas on it because I like how they look and feel.

if you're in the states, it will be aquilas. if you're outside the states, i believe they come with a choice of 3 different types of strings. i have the same uke as you're getting and the aquilas sound just fine. trust me, you'll love the uke!!

bought mine from Thomann, but looks like they dont sell em now

I have found that strings do make a difference in sound for electric ukes.
Aquilas are louder and bolder sounding through an amp than most other strings in a similar way they're louder on acoustics.

True, they should be aquilas. Let me know if they're not.... but they will be. Congrats on your new uke! Let me know if you post any videos and we'll get 'em up on our video page and don't forget to enter our contest a few times (big money!)

will do! tehe i plan on doing an unboxing and review video. I'll send them to you...hopefully with nice things to say =P

Top Bottom