extrodinary sounding ukes

mm stan

Mystery Man
UU VIP
Reaction score
Aloha Ukulele undergrounder's,
I would like to hear from anyone who experienced or owned and ukulele that was above the top
or extra extraordinary sound quality. I would appriciate it very much!! As you know every ukulele
is as individual in sound quality as whoever makes them or their price. so don't discriminate on
that issue. Price may only improve consistancy I guess??? Many thanks ahead of time.
"Keep on vibrating them strings" Uke ON!!!!

I own a concert-sized Big Island HONU ukulele and in my humble and subjective opinion it is the best sounding ukulele I have heard so far. Dirk, aka MugambisMonkey on UU, also owns and plays a Big Island HONU in his Youtube videos and I find it to sound extraordinary as well.

Sound sample Big Island HONU ukulele

Me again. Here a couple of sound samples from MugambisMonkey and myself:

Chill-out by Dirk, aka MugambisMonkey:

Clap Dance by Pick2Hand

moore bettah concert. incredibly sweet sound. great balance. i've not played another uke that comes close.

Thanks David and Sebi,
Sebi, thanks for both video's ... I'd say their all extraordinary ukulele's for sure.... The first one, chill out ukulele has an amazing sound definetly
for sure(that's a double) and what kind of wood is it, amazing grain, mixed colors,(I'm sure that isn't koa, maybe monkeypod(ohai)???and the
purfling(inlay) around the edge and rosette WOW!!!and you style of finger picking there, I've seen it before on another post and noticed you've
added to it by double picking on the last string. Very Cool!!!
As for your second video, with all your cool instruments( didn't reconize a single brand though)they looked and sounded extra nice too. And you
mixing, can tell you've done it for some time now. And for the japanese song "Clap Dance" I have only heard it once and I like the melody.
gotta hear it a few more times to know what the song is about. It's in the key Of"C" which is good for me..C#,G#,C,Bbm,F# chord progression
How about for the intro or inbetween ..Chorus any riff there???Thanks again enjoyed it very much and I'm gonna check out that Big Island uke
too!!I'm very appriciative of you sharing all this with me, as it keeps me searching and always learning more. Take Care and Untilnext time
Aloha!!"keep on Vibrating them strings" Uke on.. the bond that keeps us all together...MM stan....

I just picked up a Koaloha Tenor and I had a chance to try it along with a Kanilea Tenor. The Koaloha just sang out. Made the decision easy for me. I find it to be exceptional. I haven't had a chance to play a Moore Bettah or Mya Moe. The customs, I'm sure, are exceptional, but I haven't been lucky to play one yet.

Anyone in the LA area should come out to Guitar Merchant in Canoga Park on Sunday around noon. We'll have our regular meeting and play around, but beyond that, last week we had MGM pass through the neighborhood and I am certain that there will be several new ukuleles of high quality out for show-and-tell. Nothing beats a side-by-each comparo.

Attachments

• ukulele-flyer.jpg
    ukulele-flyer.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 3
Top Bottom