Jake plays Hollywood Bowl in 1 hour!!!

misteruke

Reaction score
Playboy Jazz Festival--Awesome to hear ukulele is on the bill!
I live across the street, so I snuck over just a bit ago and loitered backstage long enough to get my son's uke signed. Security was tight, so I didn't get to meet Jake, but his manager (who is a BABE!) came out and took the uke in for me.
Anybody else going to the show? I will post a review later...

Good Stuff! Nice work on getting the Uke signed, I'm sure your son will be delighted.

I'm hoping to hear some Uke at the Hollywood Bowl in July when She & Him play. I'm also bringing my Uke over to hopefully get signed by Zooey... maybe you can give me some tips on where to "hang out" etc? I'm coming a long way and based the holiday on the gig (practically) and it would be awesome to have my Uke signed.

For your tips I'll even buy you a beer when I'm over :)

I don't know if it is any help, but I twittered Jake that I was out back. I was also playing a ukulele with a small child (always draws attention). she & Him might respond to same. I also imagine security will be a little less tight. Sound check time is always the best time to hang around the back-stage area (upper valet parking past will-call etc.) feel free to email me for further details kevkeak, you can even park near my house and walk over. I like the She & Him, I didn't even know they were playing (perhaps it is when I am in Oregon?) Here is my brief review of Jakes set that I copied from my post on FMM:
What a set! I had a blast! Jake played over 1/2 hour. We were able to sneak down to about the mix position. This was my first Playboy Jazz Festival. My wife used to go all the time with her father for father's day. So our highlight was Jake's song, Blue Roses Falling, which he dedicated to anyone who had ever lost a loved one. Shirley T. was dynamite! He ended with a heartfelt shout-out to all his fans from YouTube, with a rocking While My Guitar Gently Weeps. I imagine anyone else who went is still there enjoying the show. I had to get home to feed the kids...What a nice early father's day present! Thanks Jake! I hope you got a chance to talk with Cosby, he seemed to dig your set-I sure did!
p.s. Aldrine, Jake signed my son's uke right between you and Victoria Vox, but you are still the #1 signature! Peace, Love & Ukulele...

Aloha Harold, I never got to tell you how much my family enjoys your racing book! Also, thanks for the reminder about your uke gathering. If this indeed is the 2nd Sunday, I might be able to make it today, although I am more likely to make it happen after school lets out. Yesterday was quite dream-like. Imagine how Jake felt with Bill Cosby shouting his name over and over while he was finishing Gently Weeps? He got a lot of love from a tough crowd.
What is the temperature in West Hills? Guitar Merchant have A/C?
Peace,
Bill

Hey MrUke - We had a great turnout on Sunday. Over double our regular group! I had to bug out after an hour, but all went well. I fully understand the school scheduling adventures. As a stay-at-home-dad of two kids in high school, I spend a fare amount of time as taxi driver. And this week is crazy hours time.

Yes, Guitar Merchant has AC and plenty of room for as many folks as you can bring out. My door is always open for you, Bill.

Only took one photo...

Sorry I don't have any others, but I was enjoying myself too much to think about pics.

Attachments

• jakebowl..jpg
    jakebowl..jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 12
Misteruke,

Unfortunately I wont be able to make it over and I just received my ticket in the mail (that killed me). If you wanted I could send the ticket over to you if you were free that night- Just when you said you like She & Him and since you're really close to the venue I just thought you might be interested.

I just hope they come back to Scotland again sometime soon, I'll be there Uke and marker in hand.

Let me know if you want it, I'll pop it in the post asap.

Top Bottom