my first soprano (and real uke)!! :D

bsting

Reaction score
Soooo....
I woke up this morning, and guess what was waiting outside my door??

Yayy! The Keli'i soprano I ordered from MGM!! All I can say is, it's fabulous. It plays wonderfully and the finish is just perfect. It's so simple and beautiful. Despite not having the upper frets, I have to say I love the size, sound, simplicity and portability of the soprano. Sound most of all. It's perfect.

Pictures!

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

andd....if you can bare with me...a crappy sample recording!

Last edited:
Wow, that's a nice crappy recording for having your first real uke... did you work that out on a crappy uke? Nice sound!

Don't forget to go to the review section on the main page and write down your impression of the Kelii when you get to know it a bit more. That would be really nice :)

It certainly seems like it's got a really sweet tone from the recording. I'll be really interested in your impressions a few weeks from now after you've had time to play it and the first blush of excitement fades a bit.
It's certainly a really nice looking instrument. Simplicity is where it's at.

I'm jealous.

Last edited:
Awesome uke, I'm sooo jealous! Your recording sounded awesome by the way. :)

thanks guys!! :D I'm still super excited about it, and I will definitely submit a review...and as it seems you know, that's probably something I'll have to do in a few days or a week down the road after my excitement wears off and I'm actually open to seeing flaws ;)

@ukeninja/woodstocksp3...yeaa that crappy recording was just something i came up with yesterday that i think i wanna expand on, i'm still working on getting this little guy to sound sweet and clean :eek: prior to this uke i was playing an old baritone, for the past month-ish...very different sound i must say!

@deach....so i think i finally understand this whole UAS business now! not that i want another ukulele at the moment......but if, just if i were to want another....i would love a super concert!! or a super soprano?? hehe a small bodied uke with a really long neck ;)

this is gonna be a more expensive hobby than i thought, isn't it...nah, i'm happy for now!

@deach....so i think i finally understand this whole UAS business now! not that i want another ukulele at the moment......but if, just if i were to want another....i would love a super concert!! or a super soprano?? hehe a small bodied uke with a really long neck ;)

Noooo, you don't have UAS... Neither do I.. LOL :p

Top Bottom