Uke Got Rhythm

thejumpingflea

Reaction score
Hey guys,

For my Jazz and Pop Harmony class final I had to compose and record (in Garageband) an original over the changes in the song "I've Got Rhythm"

I did the whole thing this afternoon and while it isn't super clean, it works! I thought you guys might enjoy it, as it features our favorite instrument.

Uke Got Rhythm Download

Let me know what you think, thanks!

Last edited:
Well my vote is it....:rock:

(it reminds me of a piece on a 1930s 78 I have)

Last edited:
Golly, this is reeeeal smoooooth. It sorta sounds like a chill combo of "Salt Peanuts", "I Got Rhythm" and Lyle Ritz.

If this doesn't get high marks, I'll be super disappointed.

Wow, thats great! You get a thumps up from me! Real nice, wish I could play like that! You should get high marks for that, if not then there is just no justice in the world and all hope is truely lost! :p

Great work!

Golly, this is reeeeal smoooooth. It sorta sounds like a chill combo of "Salt Peanuts", "I Got Rhythm" and Lyle Ritz.

If this doesn't get high marks, I'll be super disappointed.

Thanks for the compliments! Lyle Ritz is da bomb.

Wow, thats great! You get a thumps up from me! Real nice, wish I could play like that! You should get high marks for that, if not then there is just no justice in the world and all hope is truely lost! :p

Thanks, I got an A on the project so I it's all good. ;)

Man, I wish my garage band creations sounded like that!

Great job. Very relaxing :)

Nicely done, and you're now on MY iPod too!

A+ in my book. With as many songs that use this progression, you've still come up with an original! I guess there's still plenty of gold in that mine, at least for those how know how to find it.

Top Bottom