Delivery dilemma tomorrow re first uke - what would you do?

Ukedani

Reaction score
So my brand new Kala Acacia concert is arriving here in sunny California tomorrow from HI but of course I am working all day. The shipping info says signature required of course but that never stopped UPS from dumping brand new Martin guitars on the doorstep. No one ever steals things from this neighborhood (knock wood) so I'm not worried about that. Ever since we installed a short iron gate at the end of the front walk, most shippers now simply dump packages over that gate and don't bother to open gate and take to front porch at least.

It never helps to call ahead and give instructions for alternate plans. It's going to 89 degrees today and probably tomorrow too and I don't want my uke baking on the front walk. What would you do?

a. Do nothing - see if they leave a tag for redelivery on Weds (when I will be home all day)
b. Leave note requesting to leave package at porch (where at least it is shaded).
c. Leave note requesting not to dump package over short gate onto walk and redelivery Weds.

I'd really like to come home from a long, hard day at work to a brand new uke tomorrow. :drool:

Go for option B.

Next time? Have them deliver it to work.

Option D: " Cough cough, I'm really not feeling very well today, cough cough, I won't be in to work today.
Option E: " I can't make it in to work today, I went out for dinner last night and must have eaten something funky. I've been up all night being sick. I'll try to make it up tomorrow."

If it's UPS, good luck getting them to even read the directions for delivery, let alone get them to conform. In allot of cases, I am suprised they even stop the truck in lue of launching it to the curb at speed. I dont want to hijack and whine about all my UPS horrors (theres allot of them), but the one that makes me cringe if something like a Uke ever is victim. They used to toss packages over my fence, not even concerned if there was a dog or anything in the area. My dog used to take the packages, open them, and in some cases, completely destroy the contents. After MANY occasions of that, and me leaving countless "delivery instructions" they never did stop doing that. The only thing that stopped it, was my dog dying...

Notice how Flu & Uke make Fluke.
So even though you are getting a Kala, I like option D, I must be coming down with the Fluke.
It's a pretty day here in SoCal play hookie from work and take you new uke to the beach.

Notice how Flu & Uke make Fluke.
So even though you are getting a Kala, I like option D, I must be coming down with the Fluke.
It's a pretty day here in SoCal play hookie from work and take you new uke to the beach.

I'd love to play hooky but can't. Too many clients would have to be rescheduled. I may on Thursday though. :) Also, delivery to work is not an option. It is guaranteed to get lost.

Last edited:
Hmm.. Sit around suckin up to a bunch of whining clients all day.. Or.. Sitting in the warm sun, playing "Sunny Afternoon" on the Uke.. Thats a tough one.. We're artist, we're not supposed to be responsible, hehheh..

JUST KIDDING, DUDE, DONT TAZE ME...

Aloha Ukedani,
A.)How about asking a neighbor to receive it for you.
B). Leave a note on the gate with instructions to put it on the porch
C). Pay a neighbor's kid to keep an eye out for it.
D).Tell the boss that you have a new arrival tomorrow.
I know you must be excited about your new arrival, I hope you get a good nights rest tonight so you can stay up
late tomorrow night and play it. Well enjoy and give us the 411....
"Keep on vibrating them strings" Uke On!!! MM Stan...

You really don't look like you're feeling well. You look downright sick, in fact. I strongly suggest you call off for the day - no use infecting everybody else.

At least you'll have a new uke to soothe your illness-battered body!

Option D: " Cough cough, I'm really not feeling very well today, cough cough, I won't be in to work today.
Option E: " I can't make it in to work today, I went out for dinner last night and must have eaten something funky. I've been up all night being sick. I'll try to make it up tomorrow."

See? Uke people think alike.

LOL. Problem solved I think. The UPS guy arrived with a couple of small packages today. I told him about the delivery tomorrow and left instructions to leave on porch. He gave me a tag for me to sign. We'll see how it goes.

It will probably be OK, since you spoke to the driver today. You might have a reminder note like "UPS, thanks for putting the package on the porch", hanging on the gate, just in case. If you have a neighbor you can ask, you might have them check to see if it is OK, or even take it inside to their place.
–Lori

Top Bottom