I'll See You In My Dreams

Chris Tarman

Reaction score
Well, I finally learned how to make a video without a reversed image! Yay!
Here's a little instrumental version on my '30s Martin Style 2.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKqvAvmFibQ

And here's a second version I made this evening. A lot faster and a bit jazzier. I think this version is more interesting, and it would be fun to have someone soloing over it. Or to have ME soloing over it someday while someone else strums the chords! I know I am not getting the timing right on the Am to E7 thing.... bleah... I can't seem to get the hang of that fast change.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkGXqJjtu6o

Let me know which version you all prefer. I think I do more interesting strums in the slow version, but I hope to work them into the faster version eventually. The fast version came to me when I was messing around tonight after watching a youtube video of someone playing a Django-esque solo to this on a Martin Backpacker guitar.

Last edited:
Nice job, I think I preferred the first one, it was smoother, reminded me of the Joe Brown version which was one of the first songs I learned on the Ukulele.

Nice job, I think I preferred the first one, it was smoother, reminded me of the Joe Brown version which was one of the first songs I learned on the Ukulele.

Thanks. I learned it from the Joe Brown version, actually. Keep in mind though that I just worked out the faster version moments before I did the video.

Last edited:
Both sounded good, it's just I liked the slower one......are you going to sing over it, that would be good.

Ummm... I'm not sure singing would be good in MY case. I actually used to sing halfway competently when I played a lot of acoustic guitar in college. A few years ago I was playing bass in a band and got the hang of singing harmonies (not easy while playing bass), but now I'm out of practice on that (although I'm playing with that band again and need to work on it!). I kind of screwed up when I started working on ukulele last January, and I didn't try to sing from the get-go. I think that makes it a lot easier. So I haven't really worked much on playing and singing. I would love to give it a go though, and in fact, I have a kind of a funny idea for a cover that I've been kicking around. Let me recover from this cold first though!

Both were very well done! I do like the first version better (does remind me of the JBrown version that I am fond of...)

Top Bottom