Finger roll problem

karmah

Reaction score
Hello all

I'm learning to use the "finger roll" but I have a problem with the order of the fingers. It's easier for me to play first index finger then middle finger, ring finger and pinky finger instead of the reverse as explained by Aldrin.

Is this really so bad?

Thank you for your answers

If it sounds good and isn't causing any problems with whatever strums might follow, I would think it should be fine. I'm not sure if there really is a right way or wrong way. Call your finger roll the reverse finger roll and then you can tell everyone you're doing it right.

Hello all

I'm learning to use the "finger roll" but I have a problem with the order of the fingers. It's easier for me to play first index finger then middle finger, ring finger and pinky finger instead of the reverse as explained by Aldrin.

Is this really so bad?

Thank you for your answers

I've been having the same problem with my finger rolls. The only drawback I really see is it's not as smooth when doing an 8-finger roll. When going up, I find it more comfortable to go pinky first but it sounds choppy when I go index finger first on the way back down.

I've had the same problem with the down roll. I can lead UP with my pinky, but have a hard time going down pinky-first. I think. Shoot! Now I can't remember which way Aldrine did it in the video! Dang!

I've had the same problem with the down roll. I can lead UP with my pinky, but have a hard time going down pinky-first. I think. Shoot! Now I can't remember which way Aldrine did it in the video! Dang!

Ok, I just picked up my pineapple and tried it out and realize I have that totally backwards. I can lead DOWN with my pinky but can't lead UP with my pinky to save my life. You'll have to forgive me. I have a cold and feel pretty foggy.

Ok, thank you for your answers! I feel less alone now! :p

Top Bottom