Am I going crazy??

AlohaUlulani15

Reaction score
i havent been playing for about two months now and when i picked up my uke i totally spaced on what i learned oh so many months ago.
i fear that im losing my love for the uke! AH!
Does anyone else feel like this or am i going crazy????:(

I had a bout of not playing, and totally lost everything in my head. I bet if you start playing around a bit, you'll find it comes back faster, and you will learn new stuff faster than before. It is definitely a muscle memory and brain wiring thing though. Use it or lose it. Playing for 20 minutes everyday is better than a few hours every week.

Like riding a bicycle, you get um programed in your head, just gotta locate um. :cool:

Aloha mai , Ululani 15,
You need some ukulele inspiration Girl, Watching You Tube and you tube tutorials, being around people playing, making time to learn
a song, or think of playing for loved ones...Patience and Persevence is the key!!!Don't get side tracked from
discouragement..we all get it, it's part of the learning curb!!!Keep on strumming da strings...You go Girl!!
and let us know of your progress.....Uke On!!! MM Stan
P.S> Jus sum needed encouragement for ya to perservere.... Aloha, Malama Pono and A Hui Ho!!!
"A couple strums and it'll come back" motivation girl...

Last edited:
It could be worse: stuck in a rut.

In short, just get back.

Sometimes I need to take breaks from playing music & just enjoy listening to some. It usually doesn't take to long until I'm motivated to pick up my uke again. :D

i thank you all for your words of wisdom!
now i have motivation: to learn the same songs my cousing did but to play it even better!
ive now look at about 5 songs per day on youtube and im increasing in my skills rapidly thank you all so much for the support!

Top Bottom