FS: Plastic TV Pal !

UKISOCIETY

Reaction score
FS: Plastic TV Pal ! LOWER PRICE!

This is an unusual version of the Maccaferri-designed TV Pal plastic uke from the 1950's. Although the same size and shape, the back is solid black instead of swirled marble. No markings were ever on the headstock, as far as I can tell. I fitted the uke with 2 plastic tuners and 2 peg tuners from an old Harmony uke. Action is good - a little high for me, but some people like it that way. Spongebob sticker was added later! Dog not included.

New Price (as of 7/7): $20 and 10 bucks shipping.

4706497210_05c636071b_b.jpg

4706498402_0b7354f3be_b.jpg

4706499526_66d5aebfc3_b.jpg

4705859939_35ae5723e0_b.jpg

Back of headstock photo here.

Last edited:
Aloha Alan,
Shucks, you got me all worked up until I saw pictures, Just wished it was
an baritone cutaway in mint condition like the one you also have. But thirty
bucks is not really bad even with the mixed tuners.. beside it's aT.V. Pal. Good Luck,
it shouldn't be hard for that price. I'd say intresing bridge, are
all those Islander and Macaferri like that too. Just one question, How's
the neck holding out and the action height??? "Keep them strings vibrating"
Ukes are forever..MM Stan...

Last edited:
WOW I thought my 15 were bad (good), and that's not counting my 2 plastics and the 5 I sold recently. Still only one pineapple?

WOW I thought my 15 were bad (good), and that's not counting my 2 plastics and the 5 I sold recently. Still only one pineapple?

I'm going to sell some more soon because we're in the process of adopting again. Still the one Nice pineapple, but I'd like a Mainland mango pa someday...

Not a bad sound considering it's made of plastic. I always thought the plastic ones were just toys, but I'm pleasantly surprised.

Take the Spongebob sticker off and you got a deal, amigo!

Being all plastic, this would make a great "in the car" ukulele to play when stuck in traffic or on lunchbreak.

Top Bottom