PDA

View Full Version : PONO MB Baritone

john bange
06-16-2010, 08:46 AM
after my first practice session with our group, I am very pleased with my new Pono Baritone uke. It rings out very well in company with 2 big guitars...sharp and clear. So far, the only complaint lies with the operator and his fat fingertips.
Through a guitar players eyes, the construction and finish of this little gem is top notch...no flaws that I can see and I am picky.
To not have to learn any new chord shapes is a real plus and I will use it at our next gig.
I am happy with my purchase and I enjoy your forum. jb

mm stan
06-16-2010, 10:57 AM
Aloha John,
I'm glad to hear everything has work out well for you and you're
happy with your purchase. now, Enjoy the sweet sounds of the ukulele.
BTW- Keep stumming them strings....Ukuleles are for eva....MM Stan
Almost forgot, Welcome to UU!!!

john bange
06-28-2010, 05:19 AM
a little follow up on my Pono baritone...I bought it from Musicguymic on ebay. He shipped it very fast, added a free humidifier, and an additional set of Aquila strings...A GREAT DEALER!!!!!!!I changed the strings to the Aquila set and the tone and volume seemed to increase and ring a little clearer. I would recomend them over the gold set. I have played 2 gigs now, including the ukulele...nothing fancy, just the usual Hawiaan songs hack guitar players would do... but our elderly audience loved it...Hula Love(remember that!), Tiny Bubbles/Pearly Shells(bookem Danno)Little Grass Shack/Hawiaan Love Song...my point is: it's a lot of fun...makes us smile...I'm getting a tenor next and learn some new chord shapes or at least , give some new names to familier chords...great fun!