Inlay sticker application

cjensen91910

Reaction score
Just received some of the inlay stickers from (Jocomo)? If you all have used these what did you prep or clean with before application? Alcohol? Any tips?

I used tweezers to help center the sticker. I did not prep the fret board prior to application and all worked out well. They have stayed in place, 100% problem free!

I believe I used 0000 steel wool in the fretboard before applying. Alcohol should work just fine.

Alcohol? Any tips?
Use 100% isopropyl alcohol, NOT rubbing alcohol (which leaves more behind it than it removes).
Use a Q-tip to clean a small area where the sticker will be and wipe up immediately after. You want to remove surface oils and grime, not allow it to soak into the wood.
Wait a couple of seconds so the alcohol can evaporate before applying the sticker.

Anybody have any links to where you can get these? Any pictures?

Jeesh, from what they are getting for those things I wish I hadn't sold my equipment. I used to own sign shop. We used to do graphics on commercial trucks, signs, and logo and graphic design. I retired, and sold all my decal cutting plotters. I designed and cut these types of decals and decorated my son's guitar years ago. Everyone used to rave on how cool his guitar looked. I just never thought about that as a thing to catch on. Jeesh, if I only knew.. lol

Aloha Tudorp,
I hope you're having a wonderful day!!
To answer your question, Go to ebay and click ukulele stickers
They go a whole bunch of them, fret board kine tooo
I hope this helps you out.
Keep On strumming them strings Uke On MM Stan

I've had these stickers on my beater uke for at least six months and they still look great. You have to look close to see that they are not inlays.
Be careful though, I put one of the stickers on my wife's Morgan Monroe guitar and there was a bad reaction from my wife and from the guitar.
The adhesive on the sticker didnt react well to the finish on the guitar's headstock. I can't remember exactly what happened but I was glad I got it off in time.

Attachments

• CIMG3101.jpg
    CIMG3101.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 20
  • CIMG3282..jpg
    CIMG3282..jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Just ordered turtle stickers to put on the KoAlana headstocks. The KoAlanas have a satin finish. Would not be putting these on my KoAlohas or Kamaka.

My fretboards are pretty clean so I didn't have to prep at all. I repositioned the fret markers several times with no problems.

Top Bottom