PDA

View Full Version : Big problem w/ mp4 videos from Ukehunt ebooks

Ukedani
06-16-2010, 02:33 PM
A disappointing beginning to my uke "career." I enthusiastically purchased a few sets of the beginner ebooks (Uke 101, Strumming, and Chords). Unfortunately, every Quicktime mp4 video is out of sync with the audio. What is worse, the frame rate is such that the strumming hand is quite blurred and nearly impossible for me to see how it is positioned. EVERY video in the three sets has this problem. I wrote to the Woodshed guy about it and he promptly apologized and provided me a refund. While I appreciate the money back, I would have preferred some trouble-shooting, or an opportunity to re-download, etc.

Anyone else have this problem with the videos from the eBooks? It's not my system - I am on a Mac and Youtubes and other Quicktime movies I make play fine. I am disappointed because I had hoped to buy the blues sets too. :(

Edited to add: Some of the video files have no sound at all.

Scarecrow
06-16-2010, 03:30 PM
I will be very interested where this thread goes. I was going to buy that ebook set as well. Sorry about your bad luck. Although I am impressed that they were so quick to refund your money.

Ukulele JJ
06-16-2010, 03:45 PM
Have you tried VLC? It might be a problem with the way Quicktime is handling the file. VLC will take just about anything I throw at it on my Mac (and it's free!)...

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

JJ