Beautiful Uke

ukejon

Reaction score
Rich Godfrey, of Koa Works Ukulele in Kane'ohe (Hawaii), has just built me a new cutaway tenor. I already owned one of his instruments, a koa tenor that was bought new in October 2005 and that now has over 6000 hours of playing time on it. Rich and I reconnected this winter and he offered to make me a cutaway with some highly figured quarter-sawn koa that he stashed away several years ago. I certainly couldn't say no to his offer and, after 4 months of waiting, the uke arrived. It is more beautiful than I imagined and its tone is exactly what both of us hoped for.

Here is the first recording, a version of In My Life that was very much inspired by Jake's arrangement but with some of my own additions. Hope you enjoy and if you ever want a great custom uke, call Rich. He is a master builder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpzj6FdbKww

Aloha Ukejon,
Congrats on you new purchase, Very good choice....when I started, I heard his ukuleles were one of the top best.
I always wanted one but didn't know how to contact him, and still I still want one. The one you ordered sounds
like a winner, but then all of his are winner. You're very fortunate to get one from a top luthier such as Rich. I
hope in the future, I may get that oppertunity.....Have fun and enjoy the sweet sound os the ukulele. "Keep
them strings vibrating" Ukulele's are forever..... MM Stan....
Btw-nice job on the playing, one of my all time favorites....Sounds awesome!!
Is that a honu model, I like grain pattern and the larger sound hole, crisp clean sounds
Beautiful.....

Last edited:
:iwant:

Wow! Looks beautiful and sounds amazing!

Are those poi-pounder inlays?

It's sooo prettyyy...

I really like that uke. Koa Works headstocks are very distinct, and I like the overall shape of the body. In short, if you ever need someone to uke-sit for you...call me up!

Hippie Guy, you are correct about identifying the Poi Pounder inlays. Well done.

wow that is pretty and shinny too. Take good care of it or im gonna have to arrest you for domestic violence on a uke charges

Top Bottom